Infographic: Corning's GEM milestones
Date Published: 4/11/2018
To celebrate being named ENERGY STAR Partner of the year for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management, Corning Inc. has released an infographic to illustrate the achievements reached in 2017 by its Global Energy Management (GEM) program.
This award, announced earlier this month, recognizes those partners who have received Energy Star recognition in multiple years who have gone above and beyond the award criteria in demonstrating improved energy performance of buildings and plants through a corporate-wide energy program.
Corning launched GEM in 2006 to create and execute effective energy strategies. Since that time, energy- and water-savings projects, including improving process and equipment energy efficiency and installing LED light fixtures and solar panels, have improved the company's energy efficiency by more than 35% and have saved the company nearly half a billion dollars.
"Corning operates with a focus on sustainability, and we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do,” said Lisa Ferrero, senior vice president and chief administrative officer. said in a company statement. "Delivering new energy savings, year after year shows our commitment to both of these priorities, so to have ENERGY STAR consistently validate these efforts as best practices is very meaningful for us."
Click on the link to view Corning's program milestones:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Learn how Toyota North America, in partnership with SunPower, is achieving its goals.
- Case Study: Bloomberg—From RECs to RE100!
- Insights from SED’s Spring Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum
- Infographic: Energy efficiency inside Yum! buildings
- Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
- Infographic: Starbuck's Greener Stores
- Infographic: Harnessing that Hawaiian sunshine
- Buyer aggregation – additional path for renewable energy purchasers
- We believe in an all-electric future, here’s what we’re doing today to get there
- Ceres encourages better corporate sustainability reporting
- Corporates shatter clean energy sourcing record with more to come
- Levi Strauss & Co. ramps up climate commitments