Infographic: Corning's GEM milestones
Date Published: 4/11/2018
To celebrate being named ENERGY STAR Partner of the year for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management, Corning Inc. has released an infographic to illustrate the achievements reached in 2017 by its Global Energy Management (GEM) program.
This award, announced earlier this month, recognizes those partners who have received Energy Star recognition in multiple years who have gone above and beyond the award criteria in demonstrating improved energy performance of buildings and plants through a corporate-wide energy program.
Corning launched GEM in 2006 to create and execute effective energy strategies. Since that time, energy- and water-savings projects, including improving process and equipment energy efficiency and installing LED light fixtures and solar panels, have improved the company's energy efficiency by more than 35% and have saved the company nearly half a billion dollars.
"Corning operates with a focus on sustainability, and we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do,” said Lisa Ferrero, senior vice president and chief administrative officer. said in a company statement. "Delivering new energy savings, year after year shows our commitment to both of these priorities, so to have ENERGY STAR consistently validate these efforts as best practices is very meaningful for us."
Click on the link to view Corning's program milestones:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Collaborative Offsite PPA Structures for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Energy Storage Helps an Ontario Food Manufacturer Take Control of Electricity Costs
- RESF Fall presentation: Kohler's journey in RE sourcing
- White Paper: The Case for Outsourcing Energy Systems: Velocity, Vector and Virtualization
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Make Buildings More Healthy and Efficient
- Swarm Logic unlocks HVAC energy savings
- Renewable Energy Purchasing vs. Climate Goals
- The Invisible Enemy of Energy Management Programs (And 5 Steps to Beat it)
- A Battery Storage System Can Be The Perfect Complement to Your New Solar PPA
- Revisiting 4 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2018
- Buying renewable energy should be easy — here’s one way to make it less complex