RESF Presentation: Fifth Third Bank - 100% Renewable with a Single Solar PPA
Categories: Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 7/30/2018
Source: Fifth Third Bank, Schneider Electric
Primary Topic: Solar
Fifth Third Bank and Schneider Electric's presentation on "Fifth Third Bank’s bold entry into RE sourcing" was a highlight of Smart Energy Decisions' recent Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum Spring event.
In his introduction to the session, SED's John Failla said that "the traditional journey for corporates in RE sourcing has been to test the waters with RECs, then do onsite solar, then PPAs or VPPAs." Fifth Third Bank, on the other hand, used a "go big or go home strategy" with a single PPA to get to 100%.
Charting his company’s swift rise to 100% RE, Scott Hassell, director of environmental sustainability at Fifth Third Bank said, "We made a decision that we want to be a leader, the one that people value and trust. For us, sustainability is part of achieving that vision. It’s part of engaging our employees."
Smart Energy Decisions is proud to bring these engaging and informative presentations to the industry. For more information on our next Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, click here.
Download this presentation to see how Fifth Third Bank hit 100% RE with a single solar PPA:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Collaborative Offsite PPA Structures for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Energy Storage Helps an Ontario Food Manufacturer Take Control of Electricity Costs
- RESF Fall presentation: Kohler's journey in RE sourcing
- White Paper: The Case for Outsourcing Energy Systems: Velocity, Vector and Virtualization
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Make Buildings More Healthy and Efficient
- Swarm Logic unlocks HVAC energy savings
- Renewable Energy Purchasing vs. Climate Goals
- The Invisible Enemy of Energy Management Programs (And 5 Steps to Beat it)
- A Battery Storage System Can Be The Perfect Complement to Your New Solar PPA
- Revisiting 4 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2018
- Buying renewable energy should be easy — here’s one way to make it less complex