Infographic: Energy efficiency inside Yum! buildings
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Solar
Date Published: 8/3/2018
Source: Yum! Brands
Primary Topic: Energy Efficiency
Yum! Brands 2017 Global Citizenship & Sustainability Report recorded the company's 22% energy reduction compared to a 2005 baseline, saving an estimated 4.3 billion MWh of electricity. Company efforts included 40,000 energy- and water-saving technologies implemented in 2017 alone.
With more than 45,000 locations, the report notes that "restaurants are energy-intensive and open long hours, which makes energy efficiency a key part of our sustainable restaurant design. Yum! Brands shows how programs for exhaust hoods, lighting, pizza ovens, solar energy, smart devices, and smaller footprints all add up to energy efficiency at their restaurant locations around the world.
To view details on Yum! Brands' programs, click here:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- What to Expect from Energy Markets in 2019
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- Can We Talk? Changing the Sustainability Conversation Between Investors and Companies
- Engaging Franchisees in Energy Management & Benchmarking
- Hershey aims to cut the carbon footprint of its chocolate with new Science-Based Target commitment