Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
Type: Case Study
Categories: Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind
Date Published: 8/29/2018
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
How did four companies with different energy needs and similar goals come together on the largest aggregated corporate renewable energy transaction to date? This case study, presented by 3Degrees, details how Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partnered on six PPAs, including wind and solar, in the PJM market.
This partnership, announced on August 6, demonstrates "how corporate energy buyers of all sizes can successfully purchase renewable energy directly from new renewable projects," according to 3Degrees. "Aggregated purchasing is one effective option gaining traction among buyers with diverse needs."
Download this case study to explore this groundbreaking RE collaboration:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- Energy and facility managers deserve access to modern technology
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.