Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
Type: Case Study
Categories: Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind
Date Published: 8/29/2018
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
How did four companies with different energy needs and similar goals come together on the largest aggregated corporate renewable energy transaction to date? This case study, presented by 3Degrees, details how Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partnered on six PPAs, including wind and solar, in the PJM market.
This partnership, announced on August 6, demonstrates "how corporate energy buyers of all sizes can successfully purchase renewable energy directly from new renewable projects," according to 3Degrees. "Aggregated purchasing is one effective option gaining traction among buyers with diverse needs."
Download this case study to explore this groundbreaking RE collaboration:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Collaborative Offsite PPA Structures for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
- Sustainable Energy Solutions for Corporations
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Galvanize Landlord-Tenant Engagement and Higher Performing Buildings
- Optimizing Solar, Storage, and a Fuel Cell for a Brooklyn Apartment Complex