Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
Type: Case Study
Categories: Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind
Date Published: 8/29/2018
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
How did four companies with different energy needs and similar goals come together on the largest aggregated corporate renewable energy transaction to date? This case study, presented by 3Degrees, details how Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partnered on six PPAs, including wind and solar, in the PJM market.
This partnership, announced on August 6, demonstrates "how corporate energy buyers of all sizes can successfully purchase renewable energy directly from new renewable projects," according to 3Degrees. "Aggregated purchasing is one effective option gaining traction among buyers with diverse needs."
Download this case study to explore this groundbreaking RE collaboration:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Learn how Toyota North America, in partnership with SunPower, is achieving its goals.
- Case Study: Bloomberg—From RECs to RE100!
- Insights from SED’s Spring Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum
- Infographic: Energy efficiency inside Yum! buildings
- Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
- Infographic: Starbuck's Greener Stores
- Infographic: Harnessing that Hawaiian sunshine
- Buyer aggregation – additional path for renewable energy purchasers
- We believe in an all-electric future, here’s what we’re doing today to get there
- Ceres encourages better corporate sustainability reporting
- Corporates shatter clean energy sourcing record with more to come
- Levi Strauss & Co. ramps up climate commitments