Optimizing Solar, Storage, and a Fuel Cell for a Brooklyn Apartment Complex
Type: Case Study
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, Solar
Date Published: 1/9/2019
Source: Enel X
Primary Topic: Distributed Energy Resources
As one of the most energy-intensive urban environments in the world, New York City faces a significant challenge in maintaining reliable access to power during periods of high demand for electricity. To help prevent grid emergencies, New York City’s grid operator and utilities offer programs that compensate businesses for helping to alleviate demand during these periods.
This case study, presented by Enel X, focuses on Marcus Garvey Village, a 625-unit apartment complex in Brooklyn, NY, where integrating distributed energy resources would improve the apartment complex’s access to independent power—which can reduce energy spend and maximize incentive payments through these programs—while contributing to efforts to bolster the grid in its community.
Download this case study to learn how Marcus Garvey Village automates the deployment of a 400 kW solar power, a 400 kW fuel cell, and a 300 kW/1.2 MWh lithium-ion battery system to optimize economic performance through reduced energy spend and maximized incentive earnings while providing valuable capacity to New York City's grid services.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business