Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
Type: White Paper
Categories: Power Prices, Regulation, Utilities
Date Published: 2/4/2019
Source: Enel X
Since Mexico instituted its landmark energy reform in 2016, businesses operating in the country have faced an equal amount of opportunity and uncertainty. As this white paper from Enel X explains, with access to third-party energy suppliers, Mexico’s large energy users are now able to shop for alternative supply agreements to those imposed by the state-run utility, the Comisión Federal de Electricidad. This is a significant opportunity. In 2018, prices offered by the CFE increased by about 50%, while capacity rates grew by more than 200%.
However, the competitive supply market is fraught with risk. Businesses looking to capitalize on this opportunity will need to navigate a constantly evolving network of suppliers and complex supply agreements that could leave them exposed to risk on the market or locked into unfavorable long-term contracts.
Download the new whitepaper from Enel X to learn:
- Why Mexico’s utility rates may continue to rise
- How energy market reform creates opportunities for businesses in the country
- Common challenges and pitfalls for businesses approaching the competitive supply market
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- Energy and facility managers deserve access to modern technology
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.