Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
Date Published: 4/5/2019
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Continuing our recap of the 2019 Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit, we present "The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg" from Michael Barry, global head of sustainable business operations.
Introducing his keynote on Bloomberg’s efforts around sustainability and energy efficiency, Barry noted that "collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, NGOs, and other corporates has really been key to driving our efforts.” He continued, “Being a very numbers’ driven company, we’ve had to show the value. Even though our owner is obviously a big supporter of sustainable business, it still has to make business sense. We’ve worked very hard to quantify not only the carbon we save but also the dollars that we save.”
Explore this presentation to see how Bloomberg's sustainability programs focus not just on reducing carbon but on proving a business case.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019
- REI's net zero distribution center
- Energy and facility managers deserve access to modern technology
- The secret behind Iron Mountain’s long-term strategy for setting a Science-Based Target? A phase-based approach.