Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
Date Published: 4/5/2019
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Continuing our recap of the 2019 Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit, we present "The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg" from Michael Barry, global head of sustainable business operations.
Introducing his keynote on Bloomberg’s efforts around sustainability and energy efficiency, Barry noted that "collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, NGOs, and other corporates has really been key to driving our efforts.” He continued, “Being a very numbers’ driven company, we’ve had to show the value. Even though our owner is obviously a big supporter of sustainable business, it still has to make business sense. We’ve worked very hard to quantify not only the carbon we save but also the dollars that we save.”
Explore this presentation to see how Bloomberg's sustainability programs focus not just on reducing carbon but on proving a business case.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Infographic: The Energy-Resilient City
- 2019 State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- Walmart's inaugural ESG Report