Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
Date Published: 4/5/2019
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Continuing our recap of the 2019 Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit, we present "The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg" from Michael Barry, global head of sustainable business operations.
Introducing his keynote on Bloomberg’s efforts around sustainability and energy efficiency, Barry noted that "collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, NGOs, and other corporates has really been key to driving our efforts.” He continued, “Being a very numbers’ driven company, we’ve had to show the value. Even though our owner is obviously a big supporter of sustainable business, it still has to make business sense. We’ve worked very hard to quantify not only the carbon we save but also the dollars that we save.”
Explore this presentation to see how Bloomberg's sustainability programs focus not just on reducing carbon but on proving a business case.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant