Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
Date Published: 4/5/2019
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Continuing our recap of the 2019 Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit, we present "The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg" from Michael Barry, global head of sustainable business operations.
Introducing his keynote on Bloomberg’s efforts around sustainability and energy efficiency, Barry noted that "collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, NGOs, and other corporates has really been key to driving our efforts.” He continued, “Being a very numbers’ driven company, we’ve had to show the value. Even though our owner is obviously a big supporter of sustainable business, it still has to make business sense. We’ve worked very hard to quantify not only the carbon we save but also the dollars that we save.”
Explore this presentation to see how Bloomberg's sustainability programs focus not just on reducing carbon but on proving a business case.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Case Study: Superior Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) System Proven to Reduce Coronavirus
- IBM's DER Project Risk Evaluation Framework
- Net zero is THE new business imperative
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Redefining Corporate Renewables Procurement Strategy: Simplified, Effective and Accessible
- DWS: Site-Level Climate Risk and Resiliency Checklist Pilot