Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
Type: Research Study
Categories: GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial
Date Published: 6/12/2019
The world's biggest companies have valued the climate risk to their businesses at almost $1 trillion - and also reported potential cumulative gains from realizing business opportunities related to climate change at $2.1 trillion.
In this report, "Major Risk or Rosy Opportunity," CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) presents results of a deep-dive analysis of almost 7,000 companies across the globe to uncover financial impacts associated with climate change.
Among the key findings presented in the CDP report:
- Companies are identifying significant risks but need to expand their analysis
- The biggest companies report major financial implications
- The opportunities are bigger than the risks
- The wins far outweigh the costs of management
- Companies and investors need to learn lessons from the power sector
Download the CDP report to explore risks and opportunities that could have a substantive impact on your business.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Infographic: The Energy-Resilient City
- 2019 State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- Walmart's inaugural ESG Report
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market