DE Forum Presentation: Walmart's Distributed Energy Journey - Past, Present and Future
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 7/26/2019
Primary Topic: Distributed Energy Resources
Smart Energy Decisions' recent Distributed Energy Forum focused on creating and executing strategies to maximize opportunities from the deployment of distributed energy resources by large power users. We begin our series of event presentations with the opening keynote from Joby Carlson, director of global sustainability, Walmart, Inc., "Walmart's Distributed Energy Journey - Past, Present and Future."
Carlson provided an update on Walmart’s DER progress to date, including onsite solar, fuel cells, battery storage, and EV charging, as well as the latest on Project Gigaton. Noting the growth in opportunities for DER strategies and implementation, Carlson advised, "If you haven’t gotten started, now is the time. There are more options and tools on the table for you than ever before."
To download the presentation, click here:
Click here for information on Smart Energy Decisions' next event, the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, September 16-18, Ponte Vedra inn & Club, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Case Study: Superior Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) System Proven to Reduce Coronavirus
- IBM's DER Project Risk Evaluation Framework
- Net zero is THE new business imperative
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Redefining Corporate Renewables Procurement Strategy: Simplified, Effective and Accessible
- DWS: Site-Level Climate Risk and Resiliency Checklist Pilot