The Affordable Microgrid: Securing Electric Reliability through Outsourcing
Categories: Commercial, Industrial, Microgrids
Date Published: 11/13/2019
Source: Enchanted Rock
Primary Topic: Microgrids
Microgrids are an integral part of any pre-emptive storm hardening or business resiliency planning. Universities, business parks, research institutions, manufacturers and hospitals are but a few examples of enterprises deeply dependent on reliable electricity that are now turning to microgrids to ensure their power stays on during a crisis—without excessive cost or hassle.
This report from Enchanted Rock compares the cost of power outages with the associated economic value of electric reliability. It explains the benefits of affordable microgrid services using natural gas as fuel and details how microgrids can leverage wholesale power markets during normal operations, enhancing their value proposition and strengthening the broader electric grid. These grid services also become increasingly important as the electric grid becomes more dependent on renewable energy to generate power. Real-world examples are provided of how microgrids performed in Texas during Hurricane Harvey, keeping the lights on in stores and service stations for both customers and first responders in an otherwise darkened landscape.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Case Study: Superior Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) System Proven to Reduce Coronavirus
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Net zero is THE new business imperative
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Redefining Corporate Renewables Procurement Strategy: Simplified, Effective and Accessible
- DWS: Site-Level Climate Risk and Resiliency Checklist Pilot
- Sustainability Programs During COVID-19: There’s a will… but is there a way?