NRDC's 8th Annual Energy Report: Slow and Steady Will Not Win the Climate Race
Type: White Paper
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 1/8/2021
Primary Topic: Energy Efficiency
NRDC presents its 2020 Annual Energy Report, for 2019 and part of 2020, highlighting both the progress made and challenges to face in transitioning to a carbon-free economy.
There was good, mixed, and bad news for the U.S. energy sector in 2019 - though the events of 2020 and the unexpected shifts in the energy world amid a deadly pandemic and global recession have largely overshadowed the final energy outcomes of the previous year.
Read the report to explore data and trends including:
- Emissions reduction targets
- Renewable portfolio standards (%) and clean electricity targets
- 2019 EV sales by state
- Number of EV charging stations per 100,000 people by state
- Oil Production by state
- Gas plants by year in service and size of unit (MW)
- Coal retirements by year and planned year, and size of unit (MW)
Click here to read the report.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- The Value of Microgrids: Challenges and Opportunities
- First-Ever Peace REC Transaction Drives Renewable Energy Development in Africa
- Solar for the Middle
- Navigating the Energy Transition
- Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management