Kroger's 2021 ESG Report
Type: White Paper
Date Published: 9/22/2021
Source: The Kroger Co.
The Kroger Co. released its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, which encompasses topics and long-term targets in three pillars: People (Social), Planet (Environmental), and Systems (Governance). It expresses Kroger's aspiration to further integrate ESG performance into lines of business and to continue developing a shared-value framework that unlocks economic opportunity for all stakeholders.
Among the company's achievements announced in the report is an 11.6% decrease in total carbon emissions and a total of $4.1 billion spent with diverse suppliers - a 21% increase over the previous year and the fourth consecutive year of double-digit growth. Moving forward, Kroger expects to accomplish a 30% cumulative reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 (baseline: 2018) and to set a Scope 3 emissions target.
Download the report to explore Kroger's 2020 outcomes and forward-thinking goals:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Case Study: PPA Production Volume Flexibility
- Understanding Your Energy Contract
- Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2050
- Fordham University's Climate Action Plan
- Case Study: How Brandywine Implements Social Equity and Carbon Reduction in Their Portfolio
- Fort Bragg - 50001 Ready Facility