2024 WISE Awards
Smart Energy Decisions 2024 WISE Awards
Nominations are no longer being accepted. Winners will be announced in January 2024.
Women are doing important work in energy and sustainability, yet they remain underrecognized and underrepresented. We want to bring to the fore their significant, influential achievements as a way to recognize their role in the energy transition and to inspire others with their accomplishments.
Awards will be presented to women in six categories: Innovation, Product/Initiative, Leadership, Mentorship, Rising Star, and Industry Veteran. A seventh award will be presented to a man in the category of Advocacy.
Women who work at energy customer organizations, including commercial, industrial, institutional (higher education, healthcare), and government are eligible to win WISE Awards. Nominations may be submitted by colleagues, peers from other organizations, and supplier partners. Women may also nominate themselves.
Here are details on each award category:
The Innovation Award recognizes a woman who has developed a new or substantially improved an energy or sustainability product, service, or strategy for her organization or the wider smart energy industry.
The Project Award recognizes a woman who has led or significantly contributed to an energy or sustainability project for her organization or the wider smart energy industry.
The Leadership Award recognizes a woman who has demonstrated excellence in leadership in the areas of energy or sustainability within her own organization or the wider smart energy industry.
The Mentorship Award recognizes a woman who demonstrates a commitment to the mentorship of rising professionals (women and/or men) in the smart energy industry.
The Rising Star Award recognizes a woman with less than 10 years of experience in the smart energy industry who is already making a positive impact.
The Industry Veteran Award recognizes a woman with more than 10 years of experience who has made — and continues to make — a positive impact on the smart energy industry.
The Advocacy Award recognizes a man who helps advance the empowerment of women in her organization and/or in the wider smart energy industry.
- There is no fee for participation.
- Previous WISE Award winners are eligible to be nominated again for a new project or initiative.
- Suppliers/solution providers are not eligible to win a WISE award. However, we encourage them to nominate their partners and customers from eligible organizations.
- You may submit nominations in multiple categories, but each must be submitted in a separate form and recipients will only be granted an award in a single category.
- Smart Energy Decisions and Diversified Communications encourage inclusivity. WISE Awards are open to all who identify as women and meet the award qualifications.
Winners will be notified in early January 2024. Awards will be presented at the Smart Energy Decisions Net Zero Forum Spring on February 28 at The Woodlands, Houston, Texas.