Delivering Sustainable Energy as a Service
as the first step towards net zero goals
Presented Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
Transitioning to a sustainable, low-carbon future requires creativity, collaboration, and action. And that action requires access to the kind of financial and technical resources that enable businesses to take on large-scale, meaningful projects.
Metrus Energy is putting their deep financial and technical knowledge to good use by knocking down barriers to ambitious sustainability projects and providing companies with the resources and partnerships they need to meet their decarbonization and other sustainability goals while saving money — all with zero upfront cost or risk.
After the panel discussion participants will understand a new way to implement comprehensive, multi-measure energy and water efficiency upgrades moving them closer to achieving their carbon reduction goals.
Specifically, participants will:
- Understand the financial, technical, operational, and sustainability benefits associated with the implementation of comprehensive energy and water efficiency upgrades under a Sustainable Energy Services Agreement (SESA) versus traditional capital budgeting.
- Sustainability as a Service Benefits Operators and Occupants
- At the end of the presentation, we will leave time for questions
How 24/7 Carbon Data is Shaping the Travel & Tourism Industry
Presented Wednesday, August 10, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
Accurate carbon management and accounting has become critical.
With greenwashing rampant and stakeholders demanding deeper carbon transparency and clear climate goals, organizations and governments are realizing 24/7 data is key to accurately track, report and communicate their carbon impacts. This is especially the case in the travel and tourism industry which, according to the World Travel & Tourism Council, accounts for ~11% of the globe’s greenhouse gases.
In this webinar, you will hear from nZero’s CEO Adam Kramer, Mayor of The Town Of Truckee Courtney Henderson, and Wynn Resorts’ Chief Sustainability Officer Erik Hansen on how 24/7 data is shaping their industry.
They will discuss:
- Why the 24/7 data methodology is the only way to prevent greenwashing and efficiently decarbonize
- How accurate carbon data is unlocking new business and communication opportunities for organizations and municipalities
- How carbon data will influence the future of travel and tourism
How to Optimize your Energy Strategy to Cut Costs, Increase Resilience and Secure Sustainable Growth
Presented Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
For energy-intensive businesses in a variety of sectors, there has never been a better time to review their energy strategies to ensure maximal resilience, cost optimization, and increased sustainability.
From grid revenue schemes to smart tariffs and operational cost savings, your business can participate in a suite of energy services to boost your bottom line, improve energy performance and support the transition to a net zero economy. But key to maximizing benefits and reducing risks is participation!
At this webinar, GridBeyond’s SVP for North America Wayne Muncaster and Business Unit Manager – Delivery of Net Zero, Jeff Power will discuss:
- How energy transition creates opportunities for businesses to become more resilient while earning new revenues
- How to protect your businesses from price volatility and the impact of any new regulations
- How AI energy technologies are MUST for businesses that are looking to increase their competitive edge through participation in energy markets
Managing Fleet Electrification - Real-life Insights from GM, Houston, Portland, and Genentech
Presented Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
We’re seeing an explosion in the transition to Fleet Electrification with new EV models, billions allocated to manufacturing investments, new state and federal incentives, growing charger networks, and utility programs.
But the decision process for fleet leaders remains complex as both private corporations and public entities struggle to manage these variables while protecting the operational reliability of their vehicles - and their bottom line.
This webinar will bring together a panel of experienced EV experts from General Motors, Evolve Houston, and the City of Portland, Oregon, who will share real-life strategies and learnings in a discussion with Yann Kulp, co-founder of eIQ Mobility the leading Fleet EV Advisory provider in North America.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- How to approach your organization’s fleet electrification strategy
- How to take advantage of data and insights to make stronger EV decisions
- What surprises and hurdles to expect
- How to prepare a pitch for finance, sustainability, facilities, energy and c-suite stakeholders
Energy Storage & Demand Response -
A Lucrative Combination
Presented Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
As the energy grid continues to change, grid operators are rewarding energy users who are flexible with their energy use. Battery energy storage systems make flexibility easier. At their simplest, batteries allow users to store energy when prices are low and then use that stored energy when prices on the grid are high.
But to maximize revenue, energy storage can be used in tandem with grid services like demand response. Optimized energy storage systems balance a variety of regulatory requirements and value streams for larger savings and earnings.
Join our upcoming webinar featuring experts from Enel X as they discuss how energy storage and demand response create value, both individually and together.
They’ll touch on topics including:
- How energy storage creates more value with demand response
- How batteries optimize between different value streams
- A case study of one organization that used batteries to drastically reduce energy spend and generate market revenuesListen to Webinar Replay Here
Optimizing Facility Design for Both Decarbonization and Resiliency – It’s Not Too Good to Be True!
Presented Wednesday, February 16, 2022, at 12:00 PM ET
The call for a sustainable, decarbonized future is being heard by manufacturing industry leaders, who are now rethinking legacy approaches such as diesel backup power that don’t fit the new environmental mantra. With the increased number of longer-duration power disruptions due to extreme weather and an increasingly stressed electric grid, how can we both accelerate renewables adoption and ensure resilient operations?
A variety of technologies exist to address resiliency requirements and zero carbon goals. This session explores modern microgrid innovation – solutions that meet high resiliency standards for the manufacturing sector and reduce carbon footprint without breaking the bank.
In this webinar our panel will address:
- The path to decarbonization and the changing grid: what we have learned from market experience
- Current and emerging technologies: removing your reliance on dirty diesel
- Renewable Natural Gas: what is it, and how can it help reduce your carbon footprint?
- Microgrids design options and how to get started
- Optimizing design for both decarbonization and resiliency
You’ll want to join us if you:
- Are responsible for unplanned outages
- Are a decision-maker or influencer of your company’s resiliency or sustainability strategy
- Are in engineering, operations, energy, or facilities management concerned about operational resiliency
reLED= Efficiency2: Upgrade legacy LEDs to improve performance and savings
Presented Wednesday, February 2, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
When something is “squared,” the power has been raised. That’s what happens to the efficiency of your aging LED lighting program when you upgrade to the latest LED technology. Not only will your lighting performance be more efficient than ever, it will become smarter to set the stage for next-level controls and IoT technology.
Shift your expectations to how lighting will be maintained long term. Even if a capital project is not on your radar today, you can maintain light levels in your facilities using the latest LED technology and recognize greater savings. An Efficiency as a Service (EaaS) strategy could mean that today’s LED installation can be upgraded before the term expires with incremental bottom-line savings and no upfront costs.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- WHEN is the right time to upgrade your existing LED lighting to build a foundation for new technologies.
- HOW the latest LED technology provides the infrastructure for controls and IoT capabilities in existing facilities.
- INSTALL is easy and cost-effective to switch to new LED lighting and futureproof your facility.
- FUND your projects through an Efficiency as a Service (EaaS) model to realize a return on investment quickly.
Come to the session thinking about where your facilities are today and how you can transform them into the energy-efficient smart buildings you want them to be tomorrow.
Energy & Sustainability Reporting Best Practices: Your Data. Your Way.
Presented Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
From corporate America to the public sector, energy efficiency and sustainability is a key imperative, making energy & sustainability reporting more important than ever. Organizations need to be able to report on various pieces of energy data, define it, and customize it for their needs. But how do you go about getting this customized data made available to your stakeholders the way they want to see it? Tune in to this webinar as EnergyCAP and special guest, Lalit Agarwal, VP of Energy Management & Sustainability at EnergyCAP, discuss tips and best practices to streamline energy & sustainability reporting.
- Best practices for data capture
- Tips for building reports & dashboards
- Strategies and tactics for information sharing
- Growing use of BI tools and connecting different data sources
State of Energy Management
Presented Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
For the past 3 years, the State of Energy Management report has focused on noting the trends and perspectives within our industry. Built from the perspectives of over 600 leaders in energy, facility, and sustainability roles, this year’s report found increased focus on creating safer spaces, raising awareness of corporate-level sustainability initiatives, and leveraging the right tools to streamline data management.
In this webinar, we’ll be reviewing key findings from the report with an expert panel. Topics include:
- Top priorities for energy and sustainability programs
- Increased focus on corporate-driven awareness of sustainability programs
- Why time and money are still big barriers to implementing an EMIS
Maximize Savings with Solar + Storage + EV Charging
Presented Wednesday, November 3, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
More businesses are offering electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure at workplaces and electrifying their fleets, creating new opportunities to combine renewable technologies. By pairing electric vehicles with solar-plus-storage, facilities can reap significant energy savings, further decrease GHG emissions, and increase facility resiliency.
In this webinar, industry experts from Enel X will discuss how combining solar + storage + EV charging creates value for businesses. They’ll discuss the modeling process, business impacts, and optimal metering strategies, touching on topics including:
The value of pairing solar + storage to help electrify a workplace.
How to maximize EV charging project savings through incentives, smart charging technology, utility programs and metering structures.
A case study of a recent solar + storage + EV project.Listen to Webinar Replay Here
NYC's Javits Convention Center Microgrid Project
Presented Wednesday, October 20, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
In a highly complex environment, Calibrant Energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and the New York Power Authority were able to advance the largest rooftop solar project in Manhattan that includes a 3.5MW battery and advanced microgrid controls. The project is fully funded by Calibrant Energy — backed by Siemens Financial Services and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group — via an “As a Service” agreement. In addition to providing Javits demand savings the battery is also helping to alleviate ConEdison’s most congested network. The custom solar canopy system was designed specifically to accommodate the unique characteristics of one of the largest green roofs in the U.S.
In this webinar, our panel will cover the following:
- The important role NYPA played in originating the opportunity and representing the convention center’s interests.
- The unique technical complexities that Siemens navigated, including considerations related to the green roof and a complex battery permitting process.
- Siemens Battery dispatch optimization strategies that maximize revenues to the project through various programs.
- Characteristics of the Calibrant As a Service funding mechanism
Balancing Resilience and Decarbonization in California Energy Policy
Presented Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
The risks of electricity outages caused by climate-related extreme weather including excessive heat, wildfires, storms, and public safety power shutoffs (PSPS) have significantly increased over the past several years. In response, California’s population of backup generators has grown rapidly. An analysis conducted by policy consultancy M3 of the number and characteristics of back-up generators permitted in the Bay Area and South Coast air quality management districts found that the generator population jumped by 22 percent in South Coast over the last year, with 34 percent growth in less than three years in the Bay Area.
As California climate policy evolves, it seems clear that more attention needs to be placed on the expanding role of diesel generation. On California Clean Air Day, October 6th, Bloom Energy will feature voices working to bring attention to the impact of air quality on local communities and discuss policy and regulatory actions that can help reduce reliance on diesel applications as well as technologies that can help.
And while California leads in facing and solving these issues, their solutions will be applicable across the country as other areas start to face similar challenges in regulations and technology.
During this session we’ll cover:
- Highlight findings from the recent M3 Diesel study
- The impact of diesel proliferation on CA communities – and other regions to come
- Technology solutions to support resiliency and decarbonization
- Challenges and opportunities in the regulatory environment
Go Green to Save Green
Presented on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
Making a positive impact on both the environment and society has become a top priority in business today. There are a multitude of ways in which to achieve operational efficiency and sustainability, with no two strategies exactly the same. With advancements in technology, renewable energy, demand management, and other tools, organizations are empowered to meet their environmental AND financial objectives. Businesses of any size can lower their carbon footprint, show their commitment to sustainability, and meet budgetary demands all at the same time. In this session, energy management professionals and subject matter experts will help decision-makers learn about energy and operational efficiency strategies to meet their sustainability initiatives.
Making the Juice Worth the Squeeze: Expanding the Reach and Cash Value of your DERs
Presented on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
It’s a great time to own distributed energy resources (DERs). Flexible load, distributed generation, energy storage, and even energy efficiency can be offered into electricity markets in exchange for cash payments and savings. How, though, do you know if you’re actually squeezing every penny out of your DERs?
Join Todd Krause, Voltus SVP of Sales, to see how you stack up. Todd will unveil the maximum value of a DER megawatt in each of the nine North American electricity markets and show participants how to unlock that value.
Special guest Jon Wellinghoff, former FERC Chairman and Voltus Chief Regulatory Officer, will also give attendees an update on how regulatory changes may open up new markets and program opportunities to energy consumers in the years ahead.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How much can I earn from my DERs?
- What steps do I need to take to get that cash?
- Will the market opportunity for distributed energy resources expand in the coming months and years?
Assuring Optimal O&M Performance for Solar Assets
Presented on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, at 2:00 PM ET
As the digital transformation sweeps across the renewable energy industry, every corner of the industry is impacted. Unlike other sectors, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of solar assets remains a very nuts and bolts endeavor, with performance outcomes still reliant on the hands of dedicated technicians. The question then, is how to best equip site personnel with the data and analytics to generate the best operational and financial performance possible of solar assets as well as ensuring NERC compliance. This webinar is a must-attend for all solar asset owners and operators.
Attend this webinar from EDF Renewables to explore:
- O&M – what it can and can’t do
- Monitoring to reduce downtime and increase availability
- Using advanced analytics to improve financial return
- Understanding solar performance guarantees
- What’s coming in NERC and GADS solar compliance
How Daimler Trucks North America is Accelerating Scope 1, 2, and 3 Emission Reductions with Sustainable Energy Services Agreements
Presented on July 21, 2021
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is implementing sustainable energy improvements across multiple sites using the "as-a-service" model to avoid upfront costs and accelerate sustainability at scale. In this webinar, DTNA’s Matthew Markstaller will reflect on how these projects were shaped by legal and risk considerations, and how the energy services agreement offered the flexibility the program required. Metrus Energy's Anastasia Beckett will share her perspective on the financial nuts and bolts of the Sustainable Energy as a Service model and discuss the role of the third-party financier in coordinating the project's development and hands-on management.
Attend this webinar to learn:
- How the as-a-service model enables companies to address sustainability objectives with greater ambition and less risk.
- How this project exemplifies broader trends in corporate ESG activity.
- Characteristics that define successful relationships between multiple partners.
Cost, Sustainability, and Resilience Benefits of the Latest DER Technology: Kroger on its Mainspring Linear Generator Deployments
Presented on June 16, 2021
Breakthroughs in power electronics are bringing rapid advancements in distributed generation, from load-tracking versatility to improved renewables integration and fuel-flexibility. As a result, companies can achieve increased resilience and the ability to meet sustainability goals, all while significantly reducing energy costs. This exciting webinar featuring Denis George of Kroger, Craig Noxon of Mainspring, and Ittay Arad of NextEra Energy Resources will explore Kroger’s deployment of Mainspring’s new DER technology -- the Linear Generator.
The panelists will discuss several topics including:
- How Kroger is using this game-changing new DER technology to provide predictable and lower energy costs
- Kroger’s recent decision to expand its deployment of linear generators
- Why NextEra Energy Resources has partnered with Mainspring to deliver this technology to customers, through a recently announced $150 million purchase and financing agreement
- The key value and benefits of this dispatchable, fuel-flexible, onsite technology that can lower costs, increase resiliency, meet sustainability goals, and accelerate the transition to the net-zero carbon future.
Leveraging Energy Management to Meet the Critical Energy Needs and Challenges of Data Centers
Presented on May 19, 2021
This discussion will explore many of the energy-related challenges for data centers and other critical facilities as we look at new and rapidly evolving issues like grid reliability, energy efficiency, renewables, and sustainability within this and other critical industries. The panel will consist of thought leaders from CPower Energy Management: KC Mares, Director of Data Center Strategies, who brings decades of data center energy management experience, and Nate Soles, VP of National Accounts, who manages dozens of data center clients and strategies across North America.
Systems vs. Silos: ESG, Net Zero Roadmaps and Making Climate Action Plans Reality
Presented on 5/12/2021
Whether your organization has just announced a net-zero target or is on an advanced climate action path, there is always more to do. For Duke Energy, one of the U.S.’ largest energy holding companies, the path includes managing the nation’s largest coal transition, addressing materiality and reporting to meet evolving requirements, and assuring affordable and reliable energy for all of its 7.9 million residential, small business and large corporate customers. Join a candid discussion on the ESG opportunities – and challenges – and the various ways companies can meet their net-zero goals.
How Corporates Can Overcome Barriers to Achieving Sustainability Goals
Presented on 4/21/2021
More companies are seeking tailored and structured renewable energy solutions to achieve their evolving sustainability goals and mandates, but challenges remain. Join us to hear from two prominent corporate buyers, Cargill Incorporated and Visa, about their sustainability strategies and successful partnerships with MP2 Energy. To o minimize the buyers’ carbon footprint and contribution to climate action, MP2 Energy has created innovative, impactful, yet simplified retail-delivered renewables solutions. Attend this webinar to learn about: Establishing sustainability goals: RE vs GHG Reduction targets; Developing and implementing a renewable procurement strategy, and Retail-delivered renewables solutions vs. VPPAs: benefits and limitations of each product
The Power of Now: Top reasons to add onsite solar and storage to your portfolio
Presented on 3/16/2021
As solar and energy storage costs decline and use cases expand, investing in energy storage for your site brings more and more benefits as storage technology advances. Energy storage systems sizes are increasing, providing an opportunity to drive greater savings and meaningfully influence customer energy procurement decisions. Backup power and other resiliency solutions are creating opportunities for solar and storage systems to do more than just reduce your energy bill. Attend this webinar to explore how the emergence of grid services markets creates opportunities for customers to earn utility and market revenue from their projects, along with the trends creating a need for customers to focus on the benefit of onsite solar and storage.
Applying AI to Commercial HVAC Systems
Presented on 2/24/2021
In most buildings, HVAC systems consume between 20% and 50% of total building energy. To reduce the environmental impact of heating, cooling, and ventilating buildings, regulators and organizations have created increasingly aggressive efficiency standards for the operation of these systems. California Title 24 and ASHRAE Guideline 36 are two such efforts. While saving energy, these standards drive complexity and cost. At the same time, air quality and public health issues such as COVID-19 introduce new demands on safe and responsible operation of HVAC systems outside of efficiency or comfort demands.
Cloud-enabled Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning can help solve these problems through the use of dynamic models. These methods unlock ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and create dynamic flexibility as priorities change. This seminar will discuss methods, best practices, and pros and cons of using these approaches to controlling HVAC systems in modern buildings.
2021 State of Energy Management
Presented on 1/21/2021
The COVID-19 pandemic left a lasting mark on the work of energy, facility, and sustainability leaders. Across organizations and around the country, teams adjusted system schedules, enacted shutdown protocols, and even began discussions on the future of their building utilization and portfolio makeup. Whatever comes next, it is fair to say the future of energy management looks remarkably different.
In this webinar, we’ll review the findings from our State of Energy Management report, in which more than 240 professionals representing multiple industries provided their insights and perspectives on several key topics including:
- The impact of COVID-19 on building occupancy and usage
- Top priorities for energy and sustainability programs
- Why time and money are still big barriers to implementing an EMIS
2020 Energy Industry Review and 2021 Forecast
Presented on 12/9/20
2020 has been a year riddled with challenges. As the world emerges from collective lockdown and slowly fights its way back to normalcy, US electric markets stand at a crossroads. As we look forward to 2021, the path to recovery and further progress will be shaped by the events of 2020. Governments will continue to prioritize public health and economic stabilization, but must also help utilities manage the consequences of significantly reduced electric consumption stemming from lockdowns.
Simultaneously, all stakeholders will grapple with the question of how to prepare for a seemingly new level of intensity for natural disasters. Finally, states that have been driving increasingly aggressive renewable energy targets may be joined by a renewed federal effort in the wake of the 2020 election.
In this webinar, our expert analysts will discuss the trends they are watching after a year of unprecedented crises, and the steps businesses can take to prepare for the challenges ahead:
- The impacts of COVID-19 on utilities, and the potential impact to their customers
- Wildfires, storms, and the entwined crises of climate change and resiliency
- State-level action on renewable targets, and the prospect of new federal goals
Opportunities for Energy Cost Savings & Independence with DERs
Presented on 12/2/20
Distributed Energy Resources are helping large power users reduce energy costs, improve resiliency, and achieve sustainability goals. But an exclusive Smart Energy Decisions survey reveals that a significant percentage see DERs as out of reach because of capital costs. Others simply don’t know how to choose from among the proliferation of DER choices.
Attend this important webinar to learn how to overcome these obstacles and realize the benefits of DERs. Webinar attendees will learn:
- Why large capital investments are not required to secure DERs
- How you can achieve energy cost savings with DERs
- Real-life DER experiences from Mohawk Industries and NRG
- Why DER buyers experience ‘choice paralysis’ and how to overcome it
During the webinar, Scott Bargerstock, Senior Manager, Global Energy -Demand at Mohawk Industries, and Doug Sansom, Managing Director, Distributed Energy Resources at NRG Energy will share their direct experience with DERs and answer questions from the audience.
No Capital Needed: A Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
Presented on 10/28/20
Distributed energy resources (DERs) like solar panels, battery storage systems and backup generators offer major benefits to large commercial and industrial energy consumers. They can help businesses reduce energy costs and earn more revenue through market programs, incentive payments, and more.
Many organizations lack the capital to invest in DERs upfront—but that does not mean they cannot pursue a successful, revenue-generating project.
This webinar will show the wide variety of no-cost energy projects available, and will discuss:
- The business case for distributed energy resources
- Financing opportunities for solutions like energy storage and solar
- How new automation maximized the ROI of these assets
Safety First! Disinfectant UV Lighting Solutions for Healthy Environments
Presented on 09/30/20
There’s no denying the major impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on nearly every aspect of our lives. To mitigate the rapid spread of the virus, businesses are turning to the use of ultraviolet lighting for safer environments. Unlike chemical sprays administered by employees or cleaning crews, disinfectant UV lighting technologies offer an effective, convenient and consistent approach to inactivating COVID-19 and other pathogens upwards of 99.9%.
A proven germicidal technology used for decades in HVAC and hospital disinfection solutions, new UV applications, and products are being rapidly developed to address the public health issues presented by the current pandemic.
In this webinar from EMC, you’ll learn about:
- The types of UV, their properties, and how they work
- UVGI technology available today and in the future
What's the Total Cost of Ownership?
Presented on 09/10/20
It is critical for energy executives to understand and derive the true Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for their energy infrastructure before making investment decisions. Even as the impact of COVID-19 and shrinking business margins could discourage investment, innovation will create more value through developing new products and services – but what’s the best financial model for your company to access these products and services?
In this webinar, Duke Energy One explores the key factors you need to know in order to make an informed decision about your company’s energy future.
The webinar will explore:
- The Capital Project Approval Journey
- Key concepts to understanding TCO including financial decision tools, financing alternatives, the cost of doing nothing, and overall financial impact
- IRR (internal rate of return) vs. ROI (return on investment)
- Self-performing analysis of infrastructure projects vs. outsourcing analysis
EXCLUSIVE RESEARCH: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Programs
Presented on 09/02/20
As the energy industry faces the continuing shock of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s becoming clear that organizations want to hold firm to their sustainability strategies – but will budget uncertainty and competing priorities get in the way?
Smart Energy Decisions, in partnership with BloombergNEF, fielded the “Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact of Sustainability Programs,” among energy executives to measure the influence of COVID-19 on a series of sustainability practice areas as well as what they anticipate the impact to be as we move through re-openings and economic recovery.
Join Smart Energy Decisions and BNEF as we review insights uncovered in the “Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact of Sustainability Programs,” including the following areas:
- Executive access
- Ambition of sustainability strategy
- Decarbonization activities
- Supply chain engagement
- Sustainable financing
- Investor perception
Critical Facilities, Critical Energy - Achieving Resilient Operations While Saving & Earning
Presented on 08/06/20
Do you oversee energy management at a critical facility like a hospital, data center, school or university, or critical manufacturing? This webinar is designed just for you.
CPower’s certified energy engineers have decades of experience in critical and resilient operations and will teach you how to increase operational resilience while leveraging your energy assets to decrease costs and generate revenue streams.
Five topics will be covered in detail:
- The challenges critical facilities face and the impact of COVID-19
- How to effectively use back-up generation for non-emergency revenue generation
- Energy Efficiency projects that earn revenue in addition to lowering costs
- A whole-facility analysis and plan for resilience, lower risk, and revenue
- Case study - A critical facility that minimized risk & disruption and increased revenue
Come Back with Confidence: A Holistic View of Building Performance
Presented on 07/15/20
As more states across the country begin to reopen after the COVID-19 lockdown, companies, and employees continue to express their concerns about returning to work. On the one hand, the pressure to restart the economy is increasing, while on the other hand there is an evident fear of spreading the virus.
Join this webinar to learn how you can take a holistic view of building performance and leverage smart building solutions to increase the protection of building occupants during the ongoing fight of COVID-19. During this webinar, we will explore adaptive, innovative technologies to:
- reduce the spread of airborne and surface contaminants
- improve air quality through new HVAC strategies and advanced filtration
- manage energy performance
- enable social distancing
- provide real-time updates to occupants regarding space utilization and emergency notifications
sustain health and safe environments with on-going remote monitoring and on-site service strategies
Batteries Included. The Impact of 2020 on Energy Storage and Energy Markets
Presented on 06/10/20
As the country peeks ahead at returning to relative normalcy, the energy industry and organizations like yours are wondering what the future holds for energy storage in 2020 and beyond. Join CPower for this 60-minute webinar to help gain expert insights into the following and more:
- What regulatory issues concerning energy storage are attention-worthy?
- Will the appetite for clean generation assets, like battery storage, return? How fast?
- Are there new drivers for energy storage resulting from a 3-month national shutdown?
- Should you still consider energy storage as a viable option for your organization? How can you pay for it?
- How are energy storage developers looking to provide more value to customers?
- When is the right time to get my projects back on track?
Business Resiliency in the Face of Crises, with John Chambers, CEO, JC2 Ventures
Presented On 5/12/20
John Chambers, Founder and CEO, JC2 Ventures and former Chairman and CEO of Cisco will join Bloom Energy’s EVP & Chief Sales Officer, Chris White, to discuss the evolving threats across today’s global business landscape and explore the ways business and technology leaders can stimulate progress in times of uncertainty.
Over the course of this session, John will call on his own past experiences and offer guidance on how resilient companies successfully navigate uncertain times, benefit from shared challenges, and create enduring value for their businesses, communities, and society at large. They will also explore the importance of reliable power during times of emergency.
How much energy resiliency do you really need? (or more accurately, how much resiliency must you afford?)
Presented on 05/06/20
Reliable electrical service tops many lists as a critical infrastructure required in these extraordinary times. Yet many don’t understand how to quantify the cost of downtime, which will help in sizing just what is needed as well as helping justify investments.
There is also plenty of confusion around just how much new infrastructure is required. Will it work with existing generation or resiliency assets?
How can it be financed? How complex does it need to be? And how are various industries approaching resiliency to fit their business models?
Join us in this webinar focused on the financials of resiliency and microgrids, hosted by SED’s John Failla.
Navigating Investor Pressure on Sustainability, Emissions, and Energy
Presented on 04/15/20
As organizations face increasing investor and competitive pressures, tracking and reporting portfolio-wide emissions and resource usage is vital to demonstrating strong ESG performance. Many companies struggle to calculate accurate global emissions across their portfolio and disclose progress against their sustainability goals.
This webinar from Enel X is focused on solving reporting challenges and hear from Brunswick on their path to publishing their first sustainability report. The discussion includes:
- How investors are prioritizing sustainability
- Best practices and tools for calculating global GHG emissions
- Leadership in energy and sustainability reporting
The Future of IoT and Smart Buildings
Presented on 04/8/20
Looking at drivers of the energy transition, decarbonization and decentralization are getting attention – but what about digitalization? As more buildings, factories and facilities become connected and controlled through the Internet, the intersection between energy efficiency and IoT is creating new opportunities.
In fact, Smart building IoT platforms add a layer of intelligence to analyze data and through actionable insights, enable digital services and applications to achieve business goals. Are you ready?
This webinar offers a first look at the results of exclusive research conducted by Smart Energy Decisions for Siemens on The Future of IoT and Smart Buildings. Results from energy, sustainability, and facilities executives will explore the current level of experience with IoT for building applications; IoT applications being used and considered, drivers and barriers to implementation, and measuring ROI.
Attendees will learn approaches for IoT and smart buildings as a way to optimize cost savings, efficiency, real-time monitoring, predictive maintenance, and energy use with these four key takeaways:
- Unexpected ROI