Previous Webinars - Page 3
The Evolving State of the 3Ds: Digitization, Decentralization, and Decarbonization
Presented on 11/14/18
The energy and sustainability landscape is rapidly evolving, and it’s important for businesses to adapt in order to be successful and competitive. This webinar, sponsored by ENGIE, provides an understanding of three main underlying forces, how they’ve impacted business over the last several years, and how businesses can leverage them to improve operations over the next two-to-five years.
- Digitization is access to more data than ever through IoT, connected buildings and more.
- Decentralization is the integration of renewables into the traditional energy portfolio.
- Decarbonization is about measuring, tracking, reducing and disclosing the impact of business on our planet, and how it is being woven into the fabric of business.
Speakers for this special video panel discussion include:
- Sara Law, vice president and head of global initiatives, CDP
- Vikram Kulkarni, vice president of sustainability solutions, ENGIE Resources
- Mike Kaplan, vice president of marketing, ENGIE Insight
- John Failla, founder & editorial director, Smart Energy Decisions
- Exclusive Research: The State of Corporate Renewable Energy Sourcing
The State of Corporate Renewable Energy Sourcing
Presented on 11/08/18
Renewable energy sourcing is a complex process that takes time, stakeholder alignment and much planning. The second annual Smart Energy DecisionsRenewable Energy Sourcing Survey featuring responses from 113 billion-dollar organizations helps decouple all stages of the sourcing journey. Whether you're considering your first purchase or already have a diversified renewable energy portfolio, you'll gain useful insights from this important this webinar.
Webinar attendees will:
- Identify what stage they are at in the journey and benchmark their progress
- Understand the key drivers behind renewable energy sourcing
- Identify the key barriers that must be overcome to succeed
- Learn what partner groups are most active in working with corporate buyers
- Ken Cowan, vice president, solutions sales and marketing, ENGIE North America
- John Failla, founder & editorial director, Smart Energy Decisions
Buyer Aggregation – An Emerging Path for Renewable Energy Purchasers
Presented on 10/30/2018
This webinar, sponsored by EDF Renewables, will provide an overview of the emerging trend of buyer aggregation. Not every major energy buyer is able to take down a significant volume of renewable energy to secure the lowest pricing. Enter the aggregation model - where buyers combine their individual renewable energy goals to increase their overall buying power and tap into the price advantages of a large renewable energy purchase.
Attend this webinar to learn how leading buyers of renewables and utilities are creating opportunities for more buyers to source renewables. You’ll also learn how you can pursue an aggregated renewable energy purchase and gain an understanding of the challenges and keys to a successful collaboration.
Featured speakers include:
- Joby Carlson, director, global sustainability at Walmart
- Pete Nettles, renewable energy planning manager at Georgia Power.
- Caroline Mead, associate director of origination, EDF Renewables
Keys to Selling Large Electric Power Customers
Presented on 10/14/18
How do you reach and influence large electric power customers - including commercial and industrial companies, cities and higher education - when they are looking for energy management solutions?
Successfully answering that question is the key to your success in 2019. Join Smart Energy Decisions for a webinar addressing what it takes to succeed on this critical issue.
Attendees to the webinar will learn:
- The 4 key questions large customers are wrestling with
- How to position your company as a trusted energy advisor
- Details on Smart Energy Decisions' supplier success programs
Trends in Community Solar w/an Update on Illinois
Presented on 10/04/2018
This webinar, sponsored by Clearway Energy Group, presents a discussion of community solar, one of the fastest-growing segments of the industry. The concept of subscribing to a neighborhood solar farm is appealing to both public and private entities where traditional behind-the-meter solar development is a challenge, especially with the strong economic value proposition that community solar generally presents. Attend this informative webinar to hear industry experts discuss the rapid growth in community solar and specific trends in active community solar markets, including:
- Differences across active community solar markets (Minnesota and Massachusetts)
- Evolution of the Massachusetts community solar market, currently in its 2nd iteration (SREC II -> SMART)
- An update on Illinois, a developing community solar market
For renewable energy buyers, community solar is an important opportunity that should be considered in creating your optimal energy portfolio.
Presented on 09/19/2018
This webinar, sponsored by Urjanet, discusses how corporate energy managers can measure the overarching impact of enterprise-level energy management programs and drive continued value for the future.
Listen to this webinar to learn:
- How Arconic, a manufacturing company, centralized utility invoice data, whole building interval data, and real-time submeter data across 157 global locations to manage energy data from end-to-end
- What insights the combined power of invoice, interval, and submeter data has enabled, and the results they have realized
- Why invoice and interval data each serve distinct use cases and how they work together
Go Green, Save Green, Earn Green
Presented on 08/28/2018
While environmental sustainability continues to grow as a central component of the commitment to addressing global climate change by universities and colleges, energy managers at these institutions face significant challenges.
In this webinar, CPower experts Leigh Anne Ratliff and Phil Ciulla reveal programs that empower campus energy and sustainability managers to "go green, save green, and earn green." Case studies explore how campus-wide energy efficiency programs can achieve cost-cutting and generate additional revenue.
Listen to this webinar to show the steps that universities and colleges can take now to help ensure a bright "green" future:
Walmart's Project Gigaton - Driving RE in the supply chain
Presented on 07/11/2018
Walmart's Project Gigaton is a bold global initiative that best exemplifies the emerging dynamic of supply chain initiatives as an important growth engine for renewable energy sourcing.
This exclusive webinar features Joby Carlson, Walmart's global director of sustainable energy and operations, and Steve W. Chriss, director, energy and strategy analysis, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., in a discussion of Project Gigaton initiative, which has an objective to engage its suppliers in targeting the elimination of 1 gigaton of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 from operations and supply chain activities.
The webinar also offers an overview of how this important topic will be a part of the upcoming Smart Energy Decisions Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum taking place, October 1-3 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
Attend this webinar to gain insights on how industry leaders are expanding adoption of renewable energy sourcing in their supply chains:
Leverage Your Generator Assets to Generate Revenue
Presented on 06/27/2018
This webinar, sponsored by CPower, shows how your emergency generation—EG—is both a reliability asset and a revenue generator. EG provides a great opportunity to earn revenue and save on energy costs through demand response (DR) and demand management programs.
The path from emergency generation to revenue generation, though, may seem like a complex, confusing, and occasionally contradictory thicket of state and local environmental regulations. Few organizations fully understand the scope and intricacies of EG regulation, which often results in misinformation, missteps, and missed revenue opportunities.
Attend this webinar to learn best practices in monetizing EG assets based on the experience of hundreds of organizations. The webinar will cover everything today’s energy managers and engineers need to to know to maximize the benefits of their EG portfolio.
Reducing Costs and Generating Revenue with Energy Storage
Presented on 05/15/2018
This webinar, sponsored by EDF Renewables, explores a new side of batteries, turning what was once the uncontrollable and perpetually increasing expense of utility bills into a competitive operational advantage and revenue generating asset.
The dramatic decreases in battery prices combined with sophisticated predictive software have made energy storage a powerful tool in allowing facility managers to manage, forecast, and reduce energy costs, which has become a corporate level priority for many fortune 500 companies.
Learn how facility managers can now leverage battery’s hardware and software in combination with third-party financing to turn what was an expense into an asset.
The Future of Energy Management at The Ohio State University
Presented on 04/25/2018
This webinar, sponsored by ENGIE, discusses integrated energy solutions at The Ohio State University. OSU's quest to advance visionary sustainability objects has provided a first-of-its-kind energy solution, enhancing the university’s academic mission while reducing energy costs, furthering environmental commitments, and ensuring reliable supply.
This one- hour session sheds light on this unique $1.165 billion public-private partnership contracted under a 50-year integrated solutions agreement for the following services: utility system management, supply procurement assistance, development and implementation of sustainability programs, and investment in academic collaboration.
Learn about key challenges and opportunities as well as how businesses in other industries can benefit from this pioneering model for sustainability in a similar regard.
A Buyer's Guide to the Renewable Energy Landscape in 2018
Presented on 03/14/2018
With the dust settled on the fast and furious renewable energy policy agenda that began in late 2017, corporate buyers should take stock of the changes that will guide the industry and impact their opportunities in 2018.
This webinar, sponsored by NRG, discusses the implications of tax reform, including changes that could impact existing and future project returns, as well as an overview of the latest trends in the wholesale market with an eye towards regulatory, economic, and contractual structures that are driving growth in large-scale wind and solar PPAs, despite the headwinds.
Whether you are considering your first renewable energy purchase, have recently signed contracts, or are in the midst of procurement, you will find this conversation valuable and timely.
- John Marciano of Akin Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP on tax reform & renewable energy project economics
- John Woody, VP of business development at NRG Renewables
- John Failla (moderator), founder and editorial director of Smart Energy Decisions
Changing the Energy Management Landscape of Commercial Real Estate
Presented on 02/21/2018
This webinar, sponsored by CPower, starts with the idea that managing energy demand for commercial real estate properties is a blend of art and science. The science has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, resulting in a dramatically expanding palette of tools that facility and energy manager can use to practice their artistry.
Michael Mindell, National Account Executive with CPower Energy Management, and Gregg Fischer, P.E., Director of Energy Systems at Tishman Speyer, join Smart Energy Decisions moderator John Failla to explore the following topics related to the dramatic changes taking place:
- How energy-savvy customers are driving changes in transparency in charges and billing
- How the Internet of Things is changing how energy and facility managers talk about energy efficiency
- How AI solutions like predictive analytics can support--but will never replace--the human experience
While the core business objectives of reducing energy demand and costs remain the same, the strategies and tools for achieving these objectives and rapidly changing. Listen to this webinar to gain actionable insights on the changing energy landscape of commercial real estate.
Microgrid-as-a-Service: A New Approach to Solve Resiliency, Efficiency, Sustainability Challenges
Presented on 01/24/2018
This webinar, sponsored by Schneider Electric, discusses how large commercial, industrial, campus, municipal, district, and institutional players can benefit from a “Microgrid-as-a-Service” business model approach to stabilize their long-term energy costs and upgrade critical energy infrastructure without up-front capital.
Schneider Electric along with Duke Energy Renewables developed a unique “Microgrid-as-a-Service” approach for Montgomery County, Maryland, to finance multiple Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), build two advanced microgrids, and support critical infrastructure upgrades, with no up-front capital.
Among the issues faced by Montgomery County (and many other large facilities):
- Critical public safety facilities need 24/7 resilient power to ensure operational integrity
- The cost of Infrastructure Modernization is a concern for any organization
- The cost of electrical energy and heat needs to be stable over the long term for fiscal budget
- Some organizations are credit-worthy, but Charter requirements limit the amount of debt
- Non-profit organizations may require third-party ownership to realize Tax Incentives
This industry-leading approach allows the partnership to focus on solving the issues faced by many large facilities: Energy resiliency, infrastructure modernization, long-term stable energy cost, and third-party ownership, operation, maintenance, and financing.