Commercial, Energy Efficiency - July 31, 2019
Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building
With a green, high-performance lease, landlords and tenants can better work together to save money and lock in smarter, more efficient operation of buildings. Since its inception in 2014, the Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) and the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Better Buildings Alliance’ Green Lease Leaders recognition program has grown to include firms that represent more than 2 billion square feet of building space—a clear indication that green leasing is no longer considered an exception, rather it is becoming best practice across real estate markets.
The latest report in the Green Lease Leaders series, "Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building," focuses on two case studies:
- The City of Cleveland leads by example as the first city government to be recognized as a Green Lease Leader. Explore how the city uses green lease clauses to incorporate green building and leasing practices into the design, construction, repair, and maintenance for all of its facilities.
- MAN Holdings LLC, through its local subsidiary Yosemite Properties, exemplifies how the private sector is becoming
an engaged proponent of green leasing in the Cleveland area, working with the local chamber of commerce to incorporate
green lease language across its growing portfolio of Class B and C buildings.
Download the report to discover how green leases can help landlords and tenants to save money, conserve resources, and ensure smarter, more efficient operation of buildings.
- 2021 Green Lease Leaders Show Sustainability, Cost Savings
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Galvanize Landlord-Tenant Engagement and Higher Performing Buildings
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- 5 Lessons from the 2021 Green Lease Leaders
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Drive Innovation and Clean Energy