Energy Efficiency, Industrial - August 7, 2019
GM adds real-time charging info to Chevy Bolt EVs
GM plans to improve Chevrolet Bolt EV drivers' charging experience with dynamic charge station data, including insights on station status. The company will collaborate with EV Connect, to provide these car owners with real-time updates on the status of the chargers, as well as help to provide a seamless charging experience from the driver to the network manager.
"To achieve our vision of a world with zero emissions and to improve the EV driver experience, we are working towards a frictionless customer solution for EVs and chargers," said Doug Parks, General Motors vice president of Autonomous and Electric Vehicle Programs in a statement. "By collaborating with EV Connect, we are continuing our efforts to remove obstacles for drivers looking to charge their EV on the go." The EV Connect Network and the EV Cloud platform on which it runs delivers a cloud-based software platform for managing networks of EV charging stations, their interaction with utilities, and the overall driver experience.
Real-time charge station data received from EV Connect will enhance future versions of the myChevrolet app, which is available on select Apple and Andriod devices. As the charging network provides new information, real-time data on charge station health will indicate if a charging station is working, available, and compatible with the Chevrolet Bolt EV, offering a one-stop shop for all range and charging data before or during a trip.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building