Industrial, Utilities, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - September 6, 2019
EPA honors Intel and Google
Intel and Google are among the U.S. Environmental Agency’s (EPA) Green Power Leadership Award (GPLA) program winners, companies recognized for advancing the nation’s voluntary green power market. Google received the award for Green Power Partner of the Year and Intel for Sustained Excellence in Green Power. They each were the sole winners in their respective categories.
There were a total of 17 winners in five categories this year.
Google was honored for increasing its green power use by 3.5 billion kilowatt hours (kWh) in 2018 and for working with the State of Georgia, Georgia Power and Tennessee Valley Authority to establish a green tariff program offering new wind and solar energy. The company also signed 26 long-term power purchase agreements for nearly three gigawatts of wind and solar.
Intel was recognized for using more than 3.8 billion kWh of green power annually from more than 70 on-site projects, utility programs, and Green-e® certified renewable energy certificates.
“The 2019 GPLA winners are leading innovators, demonstrating not only that American businesses are investing in renewable energy, but that doing so helps protect the environment and improve air quality,” said Anne Idsal, EPA acting assistant administrator for Air and Radiation.
Other categories and winners included:
- Direct Project Engagement: the tribal community of Blue Lake Rancheria in Humboldt County, Calif.; Equinix, Inc.; General Motors LLC; Johnson & Johnson; Kaiser Permanente; Microsoft Corporation; and Santa Clara County, Calif.,
- Excellence in Green Power Use: Bank of America; The City of Dallas; Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport; Kohler Co.; Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, Penn.; Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.; Switch
- Green Power Community: The City of Lancaster, Calif.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business