Energy Procurement, Energy Storage, Sourcing Renewables - October 21, 2019
The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
Battery storage is still in its infancy, especially in northern states, though there are signs of traction. In this white paper, EDF Renewables notes that new developments are creating excitement for the prospects of grid reliability with increasing renewable penetration.
This report examines:
- Why the grid needs storage
- Common types of grid-scale storage
- Factors to be considered when deciding to build a standalone storage system
- Benefits of standalone battery systems
- Costs and downside of standalone grid-scale battery plants
Explore the current feasibility of grid-scale standalone storage in the northern half of the U.S.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
- Sustainable Energy Solutions for Corporations
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Cox Communications installs solar + battery system
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University