Commercial, Industrial, Regulation, Utilities - January 15, 2020 - By Enel X
Energy Market Outlook – What to expect in 2020 and beyond
Politics, regulations and extreme weather showed heightened influence over energy prices during the past decade – a trend sure to intensify with the 2020 elections and beyond. The 2020 Energy Market Outlook from Enel X provides actionable insights on regional supply and demand pressures, regulation, and energy innovation.
Among the insights explored in the report:
- Extreme heat and polar vortexes drove record-breaking energy prices while wildfires bankrupted PG&E, the United States’ biggest utility
- More than 20 states enacted climate policies and are accelerating renewable energy targets
- PJM suspended capacity auctions while it weighs changes to pricing rules
- Demand and time-of-use charges became the primary driver of energy costs from PJM to MISO to Canada and California.
The experts behind this outlook average more than 16 years in the field and are proud to support an annual book of more than $11 billion.
How will these changes affect your market? Your budget? Explore this report to find out.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
- Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
- Driving Resiliency Through Your Organization's Energy Infrastructure
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution