Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, GHG Emissions, Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables - July 29, 2020
Speakers & Sponsors added to the Virtual Distributed Energy Forum
Keynote speakers and sponsors have been added to the Smart Energy Decisions’ Virtual Distributed Energy Sourcing Forum on September 21-25, 2020. This virtual event will use the innovative platform developed exclusively by Smart Energy Decisions, which was implemented this week for the successful launch of the Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum.
SED Founder, John Failla said “We’re excited to build on the successful launch of our proprietary virtual event platform so our community can continue to learn, network and conduct business in September despite the inability to meet in person”
Now in its second year, the Distributed Energy Forum offers energy management executives the opportunity to hear from companies who have successfully employed distributed energy technologies, network with peers, view boardroom case studies, and engage in one-to-one meetings with leading suppliers. The virtual platform eliminates the need for travel while providing maximum flexibility to create a customized experience for each attendee.
Leading the exclusive “SED Talks” keynotes for the event are:
- Alex Fried, P&G’s Senior Purchasing Manager – Global Energy Purchases will discuss how the company was able to take one of their most energy-intensive plants off the grid using a gas supply from right under its own facility.
- Ben Suplick, University of Pennsylvania’s Director of Engineering and Energy Planning will explain how the University is putting its two 100-year “century bonds” to work supporting investment in efficiency upgrades consistent with the University’s commitment to its Climate Action Plan.
- Scott Bargerstock, Global Energy and Innovation Senior Manager - Demand Side at Mohawk Industries will highlight the company’s investments in cogeneration projects, using a modular approach utilizing multiple 200 kW microturbines to better match loads during batch processes.
The Virtual Distributed Energy Forum will also feature Carolyn Green, Principal, Casa Verde Energy Services, Inc., and Darlene Phillips, Senior Director, Operations Engineering Support at PJM, who will continue the conversation on “Diversity in Energy” that began at Smart Energy Decisions’ Accelerate Philly event in December 2019.
A session on “Powering Philadelphia’s Future” will be presented by Emily Schapira, Executive Director, Philadelphia Energy Authority and Christine Knapp, Director, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia.
A growing lineup of leading industry suppliers are confirmed as supplier sponsors of the event. NRG is the presenting sponsor. Duke Energy Renewables is a platinum sponsor. Silver sponsors include Alturus, Ameresco, Bloom Energy, C2 Energy Capital, CPower, Edison Energy, MP2, NextEra Energy, and Scale Microgrid Solutions.
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas