Energy Procurement, GHG Emissions - November 9, 2020
Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
The challenge of harmonizing opposing forces should be familiar to corporate energy managers. As this presentation from Calpine notes, for years, they have been tasked with balancing the yin of fragmented market rules and extreme price volatility with the yang of disciplined governance and management practices.
And now that an increasing number of corporations are pursuing Scope II GHG reduction goals, stakeholders must attend to a new variable in the equation - carbon. While companies are strengthening their efforts, many seem to be doing so while breaking discipline from their risk management practices.
Explore this report to understand how to attain Scope II GHG reduction goals while also staying within established risk parameters:
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas