Energy Procurement, GHG Emissions - November 9, 2020
Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
The challenge of harmonizing opposing forces should be familiar to corporate energy managers. As this presentation from Calpine notes, for years, they have been tasked with balancing the yin of fragmented market rules and extreme price volatility with the yang of disciplined governance and management practices.
And now that an increasing number of corporations are pursuing Scope II GHG reduction goals, stakeholders must attend to a new variable in the equation - carbon. While companies are strengthening their efforts, many seem to be doing so while breaking discipline from their risk management practices.
Explore this report to understand how to attain Scope II GHG reduction goals while also staying within established risk parameters:
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart