Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - June 10, 2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific Updates Emission Progress
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. achieved a 12% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions compared to 2018.
The science company is ahead of schedule towards its 2030 target to reduce Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 30%, even as it expanded global capacity in 2020 and 2021.
Thermo Fisher Scientific committed to net zero emissions across its value chain by 2050, aligning the company’s climate strategy and goals with the Paris Agreement, and expanding on its existing 2030 target.
Details were provided in its released its annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report.
“Our Mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer guides all of our actions,” said Marc N. Casper, chairman, president and CEO of Thermo Fisher Scientific, said in a statement. “Reducing our impact on the environment, fostering an inclusive culture and being active members of our communities gives our more than 100,000 colleagues the opportunity to make a difference every day.”
- 2022 State of Decarbonization Report
- White Paper: Drive Resiliency through your Energy Infrastructure
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry
- The Social Impact of Renewable Energy Projects: Classrooms to Careers
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting