Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - January 9, 2023
Zendesk Lowers Emissions
Zendesk, a software company, announced it reduced and mitigated GHG emissions from its product value chain and employees’ business travel and commuting in 2022.
The company also joined the Science-based Target Initiative (SBTi).
“I am proud that we delivered our customers a carbon neutral product, and are continuing our climate actions based on the latest climate science,” said Megan Trotter, VP of Social Impact at Zendesk in a statement. “We hope that our progress not only helps our customers with their sustainability goals, but also helps them to provide more environmentally responsible products to their own customers. We know there is much more to be done, and we are excited to partner with our customers, suppliers, and employees on this journey towards a net zero society.”
Over the past few years, Zendesk’s progress toward its environmental goals includes the following:
- Purchasing 100% renewable electricity and certificates since 2019
- Pivoted to a digital-first strategy, which continues to reduce employee travel emissions
- Constantly optimizing our product engineering systems to reduce emissions
- Encouraging our suppliers to set climate targets and reduce emissions
- Purchasing high-quality and verified carbon reduction offsets
- Investing in a diverse portfolio of nature-based and engineering-focused carbon removal solutions, which sequester GHG from the atmosphere