Energy Efficiency, Industrial - January 18, 2019
10 Corning facilities exceed energy efficiency goals
Corning Incorporated announced that its global manufacturing plans reduced energy intensity by up to 52.4% and that 10 of its global manufacturing facilities increased energy efficiency by at more than 10% in five years or less, thus exceeding energy efficiency goals set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR® Challenge for Industry.
According to a statement from Corning, the following facilities met the EPA's Challenge for Industry, raising their energy efficiency from 10.4% to 52.4% in less than five years:
- Corning Environmental Technologies: Erwin, New York
- Corning Life Sciences: Salt Lake City, Utah; Durham, North Carolina; Warsaw, Poland
- Corning Optical Communications: Hickory, North Carolina; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Reynosa, Mexico; Shanghai, China; Strykow, Poland; and Vordingborg, Denmark
"The diversity of these sites - which represent three Corning businesses in five countries -proves that energy savings is a priority across Corning," said Patrick Jackson, director of Corning's Global Energy Management (GEM) program. "Every site team that helped reach these goals should be proud of their efforts. We're thankful for our valued partnership with ENERGY STAR, and we hope to make all of our sites ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry achievers."
To meet energy-saving goals, the statement noted, Corning's GEM program researches and implements projects and programs at each of Corning's manufacturing plants worldwide. GEM's multifaceted strategy includes manufacturing process innovation, facility design, maximizing energy efficiencies in the plant and through the supply chain, and promoting the importance of saving energy.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas