Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage, Industrial, Microgrids - March 18, 2019
Walmart, Tyson, General Mills execs featured at Distributed Energy Forum
A stellar line-up of speakers from commercial and industrial companies is set to lead the Smart Energy Decisions Distributed Energy Forum, which will take place June 24-26, 2019 at the Gaylord Rockies in Denver. The Forum is a first-of-its-kind event that offers an opportunity for energy, sustainability and facility management professionals at all levels of experience to learn best practices in deploying behind-the-meter energy resources and engage with suppliers that can help them succeed.
Keynote addresses will be delivered by Joby Carlson, director, global sustainability, Walmart; Alex Floyd, senior manager, senior manager of sustainable food strategy, Tyson Foods; Art Justice, vice president of energy and sustainability, Cinemark, and Daren Kaiser, global energy strategy leader, General Mills.
The Distributed Energy Forum was created by Smart Energy Decisions to meet a specific market need as the grid transforms from a highly centralized one-way distribution system to an increasingly decentralized two-way platform. While this dynamic has been addressed from the utility perspective, no event has addressed this transformation from the perspective of large electric power customers – commercial & industrial companies, higher education, and cities. The Distributed Energy Forum will help these customers understand the opportunity, offer a roadmap for success, and guide accelerated adoption for customers at all levels of the DER journey.
Topics and technologies to be covered at the Distributed Energy Forum include:
- Onsite Generation - Renewables, CHP/Cogeneration, Biomass
- Energy Storage
- Fuel Cells
- Demand Response
- EV Charging infrastructure
- Controls and software
The Distributed Energy Forum will deliver focused education and peer-to-peer networking while connecting customers with a wide array of potential supplier partners. Forum content was developed and programmed with guidance from the SED Distributed Energy Forum Steering Committee, including Dr. Wolfgang Bauer, distinguished professor and associate vice president for administration, Michigan State University; Denis George, senior leader, enterprise sourcing, The Kroger Co.; Art Justice, vice president of energy and sustainability, Cinemark; Fred Mazurski, director of energy, USG Corp., Marty Sedler, director of global utilities and infrastructure, Intel, and Bob Valair, director of energy and environmental management, Staples
The event is the cornerstone of Smart Energy Decisions’ broader Distributed Energy Initiative, which has been developed to help accelerate adoption of distributed energy technologies by large electric power users. As part of the Initiative, results of an exclusive industry-first Smart Energy Decisions DER Research Study will be presented to help define and benchmark best practices in this dynamic sector.
Attendance at the Distributed Energy Forum is limited to qualified energy, sustainability, and facility management executives and supplier sponsors. To learn more and request an invitation, visit the Distributed Energy Forum website.
- Distributed Energy Forum Wrap-Up
- DE Forum Video: The Future of the Grid is Distributed
- DE Forum Video: The Future of Utility Energy Services
- Distributed Energy Forum Wrap-Up
- ENGIE greens power for SED’s Distributed Energy Forum
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers