April 9, 2019
Ameren Missouri offers C&I demand response program
Ameren Missouri has signed an exclusive agreement with Enel X to deliver 100 MW of demand response resources from the utility’s commercial and industrial (C&I) customers for the 2019 - 2021 program period. Customers participating in the C&I demand response program can earn payments for committing to reduce their electricity consumption temporarily during peak load times.
Enel X will fully manage Ameren's portfolio of C&I customers participating in the demand response program, according to a statement, optimizing each customer's participation and maximizing their financial return. Enel X enables customers to track and adjust their energy usage to avoid costly peak demand charges and reduce overall energy expenses. During a demand response dispatch, Enel X's customer platform, available from PC and mobile devices, allows participants to monitor their consumption in real-time and view earnings in detail wherever they are.
The statement noted, “This partnership supports the utility's commitment to the Missouri Energy Efficiency Investment Act (MEEIA), which encourages electric utilities to develop and implement energy efficiency and demand response programs in the state.
"Over the last year, we have worked hand-in-hand with Enel X to leverage their deep experience in C&I demand response to hone our program design and ensure we develop robust, reliable and cost-effective C&I demand response resources that drive the highest levels of customer satisfaction," said Bill Davis, director of energy efficiency and renewables at Ameren Missouri. "This demand response program will provide C&I customers with tangible economic benefits, as well as provide broader benefits to the electric grid, our state, and the environment."
- NYC installs largest battery storage system to date
- UMass plans solar facility, energy storage program
- Energy Market Outlook – What to expect in 2020 and beyond
- Truman State Univ. banks $100K incentive for efficiency upgrades
- Salt River Project launches C&I demand response program
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Weekend reads: Fossil fuels are done; Microsoft's efficiency roadblock
- JPMorgan's $200 billion for clean energy limits funding for coal, Arctic drilling projects