Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - April 22, 2019
Bed Bath & Beyond adds solar to corporate office
Bed Bath & Beyond celebrated Earth Day by adding a nearly 500-kilowatt solar system at its corporate office in Union, New Jersey. The system also marks one decade of a partnership between the retailer and SunPower, which started with a 1.2-megawatt system at that office and has since resulted in the deployment of solar arrays at 41 locations across six states that have generated over 125 million kilowatt hours (kWh) of energy, offsetting over 88,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions. Over their 25-year lifespan, it is expected that these solar projects will produce over 1 billion kWh.
"Bed Bath & Beyond continues to demonstrate a commitment to renewable energy for its business and the communities in which it operates, and we're proud to have them as such a visionary solar partner," said Nam Nguyen, SunPower executive vice president, Commercial Americas, in a statement. "More corporations across the U.S. are choosing solar to cost-effectively meet electricity demand, and SunPower's complete solar solutions are designed to maximize value for these customers."
In 2017, Bed Bath & Beyond ranked 12th for corporate solar users in the U.S., reflecting the company's commitment to offsetting electricity consumption with renewable solar power. Over the course of 10 years, SunPower has operated and maintained the 21 megawatts of solar projects.
- Walmart plans 23 MW Illinois solar farm
- Solar comes to the (Bose) mountain
- Comcast adds carport to call center
- Solar + storage to power College District
- Zyxel flips switch on new HQ solar system
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business