GHG Emissions, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - September 10, 2019
Bloomberg & aggregation partners win award
The Corporate Renewable Energy Aggregation Group, including Bloomberg, Cox Enterprises, Gap Inc., Salesforce, and Workday, has been recognized with a Green Power Leadership Award for Market Development.
“Renewable energy is becoming the foundation of our energy system through the tireless work of leaders like this year’s Green Power Leadership Award winners,” said Jennifer Martin, executive director of Center for Resource Solutions, which co-presented the awards with the U.S. EPA’s Clean Power Partnership. “From individual achievements to organizational change, their focus and dedication represented countless hours of work toward the common goal of creating innovative and effective clean energy solutions.”
The creation of the Corporate Renewable Energy Aggregation Group was announced in January. The deal was the first example of companies aggregating similar, relatively small amounts of renewable energy demand to collaboratively enter into a virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA), collectively acting as the anchor tenant for a large offsite renewable energy project.
The 2019 Green Power Leadership Awards were given to eight organizations and one individual for their roles in promoting and expanding the use of clean, renewable energy. Awards for International Green Power Market Development were given to The Climate Group/RE100 and Microsoft Corporation. The Green Power Leader of the Year was awarded to R. Rex Parris, City of Lancaster
- Bloomberg, Salesforce, The Gap and others aggregate for VPPA
- Tech giants join to demand increased RE, storage from Dominion
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- It’s time for Virginia to power a clean energy future
- Saleforce signs its largest PPA
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement