Distributed Generation, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - October 8, 2019
Contra Costa County to install 3.7 MW in solar arrays
Contra Costa County, Calif., will be deploying a total of 3.7 MW in solar systems at 10 locations across the country and expects the project to offset approximately 68% grid electricity.
The project will include Helix Roof and Carport systems by SunPower. Three of the sites will also include Helix Storage systems that reach a combined 1.5 MW.
The county signed a 25-year PPA for the project and will begin design and implementation over the next year. They will also own the RECs associated with solar production.
"The electric utility system is evolving and we're confident that these solar and storage solutions from SunPower will help us adapt, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving the local environment while delivering energy and demand charge savings to the County," Frank Di Massa, Energy Manager at Contra Costa County, said in a statement . "The solar and storage systems are a key component of our Distributed Energy Resource Action Plan and, by extension, will facilitate the expansion of the County's EV charge infrastructure and automated demand response efforts."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Planet Fitness announces 1st solar powered gym
- Weekend reads: CDP's global reach; a 40,000% power price spike
- Microsoft announces 230 MW renewables purchase
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Weekend reads: Solar microgrids in the Bahamas; US gas station ditches oil for EV charging
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging