Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - November 5, 2019
Apple, eBay, Samsung, Sprint join on Texas wind project
Apple, eBay, Samsung, and Sprint joined together for a PPA in support of the creation of a 500 MW wind project in Crockett County, Texas.
The purchase will include approximately 75 MW of clean energy from the White Mesa Wind project, which is expected to come online in 2021.
“We're proud to be powering all of Apple’s operations around the world with 100 percent renewable energy and driving the private sector to support the clean energy transition,” Lisa Jackson, Apple's vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives, said in a statement. “Businesses of all sizes and of varying energy needs can help bring new, renewable energy online. This collaborative agreement in Texas is a model we hope others will replicate.”
The new wind farm will be owned and developed by Apex Clean Energy.
All participants in the aggregation agreement, which was facilitated by 3Degrees, will have access to cost-effective, low-carbon renewable energy from the project. By participating in a shared energy purchase of this kind, the companies are able to pool their energy demands and collectively support the addition of large-scale renewable energy projects to the grid.
- Case Study: Apple, Akamai, Etsy, and Swiss Re partner on largest RE aggregation to date
- Apple, Akamai, Etsy, Swiss Re collaborate on RE aggregation
- Apple, IKEA, Tesla among climate policy leaders
- Close collaboration leads to green tariff that works for businesses and utilities
- Apple goes global with 100% RE
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Planet Fitness announces 1st solar powered gym
- Weekend reads: CDP's global reach; a 40,000% power price spike
- The Home Depot, AT&T, Duke Energy featured in latest Beyond the Meter episodes
- Atlanta cuts energy use ahead of 2020 goal