Commercial, Solar - November 25, 2019
Facebook inks deal with Va. solar farm
Facebook will begin to support its operations in Virginia with solar power through a 61.6 MW PPA signed Nov. 21 with a project in Campbell County, Va.
The 80 MW Altavista Solar project is expected to come online in 2020. Once operational, it will contribute to Facebook’s target of reducing emissions by 75% and supporting 100% of its operations with renewable energy in 2020.
The solar farm is owned and operated by Apex Clean Energy. Earlier this year, Facebook signed a 200 MW PPA with Apex’s Aviator Wind East in Coke County, Texas.
“We are happy to be partnering with Apex once again to add new renewable energy to the grid and bring additional investment to the state of Virginia,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “Facebook has set an ambitious goal of supporting its global operations with 100% renewable energy in 2020, and we appreciate Apex’s partnership as we work to reach that goal.”
- Facebook signs wind PPA in Indiana
- Facebook sets 100% RE goal for 2020
- Facebook plans six solar projects to power data centers in Oregon
- BYD and Buffet form e-bus venture
- Facebook signs green tariff for Utah data center
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
The Value of Smart Energy Decisions' Events - One-to-One Meetings
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Planet Fitness announces 1st solar powered gym
- Views from the top: Ameresco and the evolution of performance contracting
- Seattle organizations sail toward 20% energy reduction
- Atlanta cuts energy use ahead of 2020 goal