Finance, Sourcing Renewables - January 6, 2020
Penn. hospital installs eight EV charging stations
St. Luke’s University Health Network will be installing eight new electric vehicle charging stations in its Anderson Campus in Bethlehem, Penn., in a project fully funded through grants.
The hospital is partnering on the project with Blink Charging, who will provide, own and operate the equipment and handle customer transactions. Four charging stations are planned to be located in the parking lot next to the hospital’s main entrance and four will be located in the parking lot for the medical office building and cancer center.
“We want to encourage people to have sustainable practices,” Ed Nawrocki, President of St. Luke’s-Anderson, said in a statement. “It’s the future.”
The 80-amp, fast Level 2 charging stations will be open for members of the community, employees, patients and visitors to use 24 hours a day, seven days a week. St. Luke’s did not have to pay for any of the expenses of the installation thanks to a grant from a Driving PA Forward level 2 charging rebate program.
St. Luke’s plans to implement charging stations at other campuses over the coming years. More recently, the campus was designed and built to meet LEED environmental and energy efficiency standards.
- Nantucket farm adds additional 1.4 MW of solar
- Groups urge Hawaiian regulators to lean on DERs to rebuild economy
- California brewery explores carbon capture tech
- MSC Cruises extends agreement for sustainable fuel fleet
- Dunkin' Brands highlights green achievement
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset