Regulation, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - January 23, 2020
Amazon, AT&T, IKEA, others join electric vehicle alliance
Amazon, AT&T, Clif Bar, Consumers Energy, DHL, Direct Energy, Genentech, IKEA North America, LeasePlan, Lime, and Siemens have joined an alliance to encourage the transition to electric vehicles by making commitments to fleet electrification.
The Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance was created by Ceres with the intention of displaying the corporate demand for the increased production of electric vehicles.
“As part of The Climate Pledge, which includes the purchase of 100,000 Rivian electric delivery vans and a commitment to deliver 50% of shipments with net zero carbon by 2030, we are pursuing the highest standards in transportation sustainability,” Kara Hurst, Head of Worldwide Sustainability at Amazon, said in a statement. “But we can’t get there alone, said We’re looking forward to working with fellow Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance members to share best practices to remove carbon emissions from our transportation business.”
The Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance’s main goals include the production of new and increased volumes of EV models, EV market growth and economies of scale, adoption of supportive policies and the removal of policy barriers and peer-to-peer learning with regard to industry best practices. The alliance provides space for members to address the challenges of transitioning to electric vehicles and identify solutions.
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Amazon opens Colorado’s largest rooftop solar
- Amazon completes 50 solar systems before target date
- Iron Mountain expands to 100% RE in Texas and Illinois
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Corporate PPAs to account for 20% of new RE generation in the U.S. by 2030
- The Home Depot inks PPA with solar + storage in Texas
- Intel to receive 100 MW from new Arizona solar project
- Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
- Driving Resiliency Through Your Organization's Energy Infrastructure
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution