Regulation, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - January 23, 2020
Amazon, AT&T, IKEA, others join electric vehicle alliance
Amazon, AT&T, Clif Bar, Consumers Energy, DHL, Direct Energy, Genentech, IKEA North America, LeasePlan, Lime, and Siemens have joined an alliance to encourage the transition to electric vehicles by making commitments to fleet electrification.
The Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance was created by Ceres with the intention of displaying the corporate demand for the increased production of electric vehicles.
“As part of The Climate Pledge, which includes the purchase of 100,000 Rivian electric delivery vans and a commitment to deliver 50% of shipments with net zero carbon by 2030, we are pursuing the highest standards in transportation sustainability,” Kara Hurst, Head of Worldwide Sustainability at Amazon, said in a statement. “But we can’t get there alone, said We’re looking forward to working with fellow Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance members to share best practices to remove carbon emissions from our transportation business.”
The Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance’s main goals include the production of new and increased volumes of EV models, EV market growth and economies of scale, adoption of supportive policies and the removal of policy barriers and peer-to-peer learning with regard to industry best practices. The alliance provides space for members to address the challenges of transitioning to electric vehicles and identify solutions.
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Top-down AND bottom-up: How companies can use multiple approaches to improve energy management
- AT&T to surpass 1.5 GW of RE with 2 new VPPAs
- Amazon signs solar power deal for new Va. headquarters
- U.S. companies had record year for clean energy contracts, BNEF finds
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan