Commercial, Finance - May 22, 2020
Citi launches sustainability investment group
Citigroup announced May 19 that they are launching a new arm within its corporate and investment bank focused on sustainability.
The Sustainability & Corporate Transitions Group will work with clients to give advice and financing that support their sustainable and resilient business models, Reuters reported. The division will also bring in external industry experts for consulting and will establish a Global Sustainability Client Council to “advise clients on sustainability transitions across coverage areas.”
“The current Covid crisis will elevate the importance of ESG to our clients, as they increasingly focus on more sustainable and resilient strategies and on recovery plans that help drive the just transition to a net-zero emissions future,” Tyler Dickson and Manolo Falcó, global Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) heads, said in a memo to bankers sent on May 19.
The new group will be led by BCMA Chief Strategy Officer Bridger Fawcett and Keith Tuffley, a leader of BCMA’s sustainability efforts.
The group will also work with other business lines in the institutional clients group and the consumer bank.
Read These Related Articles:
- Citi's new CEO commits the bank to net zero by 2050
- Alphabet, Citigroup, Walmart make CDP corporate climate leader A List
- Citigroup deployed $47.6B in environmental finance in 2015, cut its own energy use 22%
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs
- Destination: Net Zero – Moving the needle towards carbon neutral
- Sustainable Energy in America Factbook 2023 - Executive Summary
- The 2022 State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- GHG Emissions Reduction Audit: A Checklist for Owners
- Case Study: IBM and Lendlease Leverage Green Leasing as Tenants to Achieve Net-Zero