August 6, 2021
Deloitte to Offer Employees Educational Program on Climate Change
Deloitte announced Aug. 4 a new educational program offered to its 330,000 about the impacts of climate change and actions that can be taken.
The program is meant to focus on increasing climate literacy and give people the skills to address climate change. The program is being developed in collaboration with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to demonstrate how Deloitte is responding to the climate crisis.
The digital program of videos, interactive data visualizations and personal testimonials will begin to be rolled out as an official training program over the next six months. The program will be updated regularly with timely content and will demonstrate the implications of climate change for communities around the world.
“To address climate change, we need to understand it. Through dedicated learning, we can help make the right choices necessary to combat the crisis,” Deloitte CEO Punit Renjen said in a statement. “Deloitte's climate learning program is a powerful tool to unlock the climate ambition of our most valuable asset and superpower—our people. By educating and inspiring all 330,000 of us, we can help drive collective action at the scale required to help address climate change.”
The course is a part of Deloitte’s climate and sustainability initiative called WorldClimate, which includes a commitment to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030.
- Deloitte Invests $1 Billion For Sustainability, Climate Practice
- Deloitte Research Shows More Business Concern on Climate Change
- Supercharged: Challenges & opportunities in global battery storage markets
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness