Commercial, Solar - August 30, 2021
Illinois Toyota Dealership Completes Rooftop Solar Installation
A Toyota dealership in Illinois just completed a solar array on its rooftop that will offset nearly 46% of its electricity use.
Arlington Toyota in Palatine, Ill., installed more than 1,700 solar panels, which it expects to generate more than 850,000 kWh of electricity annually. The project began construction in 2020 and solar panels now cover over 75% of its available rooftop space.
This isn’t the first energy-saving project completed on the site. The owners of the Arlington Toyota dealership previously converted the showroom, service department, collision center and outside lot lighting to LED in order to reduce its energy use.
- Toyota Invests in North Carolina EV Plant
- Toyota Develops Portable Hydrogen Cartridge Prototype
- Toyota, Isuzu and Hino Motors to Electrify Buses
- Toyota, AEP Energy Use West Virginia Wind Energy
- Toyota to Invest $3.4 Billion in US Automotive Battery Production
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Unpacking Congress' Historic Climate Bill; How Heatwaves Are Hindering Solar Power
- Smart Energy Decisions (SED) Joins Diversified Communications
- Weekend Reads: American Support for Climate Change Measures; Tesla Launches Virtual Power Plants in Japan
- Sealed Air Invests in Solar