Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - November 3, 2021
Éstee Lauder Expanded Its RE Portfolio to 5.7 MW in 2021
The Estée Lauder Companies announced Nov. 2 that it remained on track to achieve its sustainability goals in 2021 and made a significant expansion to its renewable energy portfolio.
The cosmetics company released its Fiscal Year 2021 Social Impact and Sustainability report, titled Beauty Inspired, Values Driven. The report outlines that the company made strong progress in 2021 toward its science-based Scope 1 and 2 targets, as well as working toward its Scope 3 reduction ambitions.
Estée Lauder brought its total solar energy capacity to 5.7 MW with the installation of a solar array in Hillmount, Canada, and generated a cumulative total of more than 5,000 MWh of solar energy during the year. A 22 MW wind farm in Oklahoma, with which the company made its largest renewable energy agreement to date, also became fully operational in 2021 and began generating enough power to cover its entire North America operations.
“In fiscal 2021, we worked hard to continue developing long-term solutions to help protect our planet, drive inclusion and equity, and put people at the heart of everything we do—all while meeting our business objectives,” Nancy Mahon, senior vice president of Global Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability, said in a statement. “While we’ve made great progress, we know there is more collective action needed to help address ongoing and new challenges in the next decade.”
Read These Related Articles:
- The Estée Lauder Companies to Add EVs
- Estée Lauder plans for net zero emissions for its travel retail locations
- Estée Lauder reaches 2020 goal of net zero emissions
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs