Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - January 5, 2022
Local Bounti to Produce GHG-Neutral Greens by 2030
Local Bounti Corporation, an indoor agriculture company, announced its plans to produce greenhouse gas (GHG)-neutral leafy greens by 2030 and report transparently, using GRI and SASB international frameworks, including full Scope 1 and 2 GHG values and actual water usage.
In the company’s inaugural Corporate Sustainability Report, the company said its scope of reporting includes the direct on-site Scope 1 and 2 uses and its estimated Scope 3 inputs and transportation to their customer distribution facilities.
Local Bounti is establishing the methods and data collection to capture its Scope 3 inputs (materials used by its facilities) and the impact of its waste (disposed of by its facilities) on GHG emissions. The impact of transportation beyond its retail partner distribution centers and the impact of shrink (additional waste) at our retail partners are areas of future focus for Local Bounti.
The report follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards and aligns with the United Nations Sustainability Development Goals (UN SDG).
"As a leader in disruptive AgTech we have established a number of firsts for the Company in 2021 following our UN participation, including a leadership role for corporate sustainability in our industry," said Craig Hurlbert, Co-CEO of Local Bounti in a statement. "Sustainability is deeply entrenched in our corporate culture and overall ESG goals, and I'm proud that our team is committed to Turn a New Leaf™ in agriculture, establishing our reputation for corporate responsibility early in Local Bounti's history."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward