Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - January 25, 2022
Axalta Sets 2030 GHG Goal
Axalta, a global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, announced its commitment to an absolute reduction of 50% of Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 2030 and set a goal to become carbon neutral in its operations by 2040.
The company also made 10 new sustainability commitments for 2030, including a commitment to producing sustainability benefits from 80% of Axalta's new product developments.
"Today, we are coupling our commitment to technology, innovation, and people first with our commitment to building a more sustainable future," said Robert Bryant, President and CEO of Axalta in a statement. "Our new goal to achieve carbon neutrality by 2040 enables us to lead our industry by example and to inspire our customers as we work to ensure the long-term well-being of our planet, our partners, and our business."
Axalta worked to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in developing its ESG framework, structured under these goals:
- Planet Solutions: In addition to the carbon reduction targets, Axalta is taking steps to achieve a 10% reduction of VOC emissions, process waste and water use from operations by 2030.
- Business Solutions: Axalta is committing to deliver sustainability benefits from 80% of its new technology and innovation developments by 2030 and increasing by at least 20% the total percentage of net sales derived from products, services, and tools that offer sustainability benefits.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal
- Weekend Reads: Volcanic Microbe Eats CO2, New Battery Center Launches