Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - March 2, 2022
Microsoft Launches Sustainability Team
Microsoft is launching a sustainability team that will be led by a new Corporate Vice President Elisabeth Brinton, who previously served as the executive vice president of global renewables & energy solutions at Shell.
“I’m delighted to share that we’re launching a Sustainability industry team to deepen our focus and capabilities in helping customers make sustainability an integral part of their core business models,” wrote Omar Abbosh, corporate vice president: industry solutions at Microsoft and non-executive board member at Zuora in a LinkedIn post. “Sustainability has largely been discussed in the realm of environmental value, and for good reason; we believe Sustainability is also simply good business.”
Brinton has spent over 25 working with global customers on how they can transition to lower carbon energy by building sustainable solutions, from leveraging renewables and green hydrogen for manufacturing, to deploying electric commercial vehicle fleets, or to powering data centers with clean energy from offshore wind.
Her team will work closely with Microsoft’s chief environmental officer, Lucas Joppa and his team who set the strategy for achieving Microsoft’s environmental sustainability commitments of being carbon negative, water positive and zero waste by 2030.
- Microsoft Invests in California Microgrid
- Alphabet, Microsoft Commit to C02 Removal
- Microsoft Updates Sustainability Goals
- Microsoft Launches Energy Matching Software
- Smart Energy Voices - Episode 59: Microsoft and the Art of the Possible
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness