Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - April 11, 2022
AT&T Inc. Updates Emission Goals
AT&T reduced its environmental impact and lowered its energy cost savings from energy efficiency projects in 2021.
The company said its efficiency projects have reduced Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 36.4% since 2015, which is nearly 60% of the way toward the company’s 2030 science-based emissions reduction target. The details were provided in AT&T’s March 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Summary.
AT&T is also more than one-third of the way toward its 2035 goal of net zero Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions and 47% of AT&T suppliers, by their investments have set their own science based GHG targets, which is 94% of the way toward AT&T’s 2024 goal. Since 2017, AT&T has realized more than $400 million in annualized energy cost savings from energy efficiency projects.
“We’ve long believed that transparency in ESG reporting is important in order to provide accurate information about our commitments, progress and integrated approach to these important issues,” said Charlene Lake, chief sustainability officer, senior vice president, AT&T corporate responsibility, ESG, in a statement.
- AT&T Signs VPPA for Solar Power
- AT&T to Leverage 5G to Help Businesses Reduce 1 Gigaton of Emissions
- AT&T and Ball to receive wind power from new Okla. facility
- AT&T, Honda lead corporate offtakers of largest US solar facility
- AT&T to go carbon neutral by 2030
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Weekend Reads: Using Skyscrapers For Energy Storage; US Looks to Gulf of Mexico As Next Wind Hub
- Weekend Reads: Biden Considers the Future of Offshore Drilling; Could We Make Solar Even Greener?