Distributed Energy Resources, GHG Emissions, Industrial - April 19, 2022
Frito-Lay Begins Use of Electric Fleet in Texas
Frito-Lay announced a new electric fleet that will serve the Carrollton area near Dallas Fort Worth, Texas.
The first pilot Ford eTransit truck has arrived and 40 more vehicles will arrive later this summer. The trucks will deliver locally and reduce Frito-Lay’s annual GHG emissions, building on its parent company’s broader sustainability goals, known as PepsiCo Positive (pep+).
“Frito-Lay is committed to having an impactful, growing footprint in the communities where our employees live and work,” said Laura Maxwell, senior vice president, supply chain, PepsiCo Foods North America, in a statement. “The Dallas Fort-Worth community is very important to Frito-Lay: it is where we are headquartered, and where we employ 6,500 employees, many of whom live in Carrollton.”
With the addition of the Ford eTransit trucks in Carrollton, Frito-Lay expects a reduction of approximately 390 metric tons of GHG emissions annually through the implementation of this electrification project. Frito-Lay is further decarbonizing its fleet through the nationwide use of Renewable Compressed Natural Gas and other new zero and near zero emission vehicles.
Frito-Lay has already achieved 100% renewable electricity for all of its U.S. plants, offices, and distribution centers. In addition, all Frito-Lay U.S. manufacturing sites use LED lighting with expected GHG emissions savings equivalent to 21,200 metric tons of CO2 annually.
- Frito-Lay cuts fleet GHG emissions in half, reduces diesel in Calif.
- Frito-Lay racks up green miles with CNG vehicles
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness