Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Solar - April 20, 2022
US Foods Updates Emission Goals
US Foods Holding Corp. will reduce its Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions intensity by 15% since 2015. This updated goal was announced with the release of the company's 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report.
The food company also reduced gallons of fuel used per case delivered by 10.9% since 2015, continued construction of two LEED-certified distribution centers and committed to enhancements to solar arrays at select distribution centers to be completed in 2022 announced a commitment to convert all California broadline distribution centers’ onsite fueling to 100% renewable diesel fuel by mid-2022.
US Foods is committed to converting Texas-based compressed natural gas (CNG) trucks to renewable natural gas fuel in 2022 and adding 26 additional CNG trucks and 15 electric trucks to the company’s fleet in 2022.
“At US Foods, sustainability is a business imperative that plays an important role in creating value for our key stakeholders, including our associates, customers, shareholders and the communities we serve,” said Kristin Coleman, general counsel and leader of CSR at US Foods in a statement. “Throughout 2021, we advanced our sustainability efforts by making strong progress across our three strategic focus areas -- Products, People and Planet -- and investing in additional resources and processes that will help shape our future objectives and long-range plans. The Company is energized by our results and the momentum we have created.”
- US Foods Unveils Sustainable Distribution Center
- US Foods Further Reduces Carbon Footprint of Its Fleet
- US Foods cut emissions intensity 15% since 2015
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness