Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - August 3, 2022
Net Zero Forum to be SED’s Largest Event Ever
The Net Zero Forum, set for September12-14, will be Smart Energy Decisions’ largest event ever with more than double the number of educational sessions and 50% more energy and sustainability executives than ever before. The Forum will convene at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge in Arizona.
“We’ve clearly hit a nerve in creating the first in-person event ever to address the challenges of achieving aggressive emission reduction targets,” said John Failla, Founder and CEO of Smart Energy Decisions. “Reducing carbon emissions and reaching net zero ambitions is the biggest pain point in our community today. This event is designed to help energy customers at all levels of their net zero journey to understand issues, set strategies, and execute their programs to successfully reach their goals.”
In addition to educational sessions, one-to-one meetings between energy customers and solution providers, and priceless networking opportunities, the Net Zero Forum will feature SED’s first exhibition of suppliers in a highly curated Solutions Center
The event kicks off with a series of Pre-conference Workshops, open only to Energy Customers:
- Net Zero 101
- In Search of Carbon Neutrality: Addressing Scope 3 Indirect Emissions
- Climate Leadership in Higher Education
- Creating a Process to Manage Your Energy Portfolio
A special workshop, conducted by the iMasons Climate Accord and open to all attendees will explore Decarbonizing Data Center Power.
Energy Customer-only Peer-2-Peer Conversations will be conducted across three sector tracks: Buildings, Institutions (higher education and healthcare), and Manufacturing.
These will be followed by almost 30 educational sessions covering cutting-edge topics related to reducing carbon emissions and achieving your sustainability goals:
- Opening Keynote: Bank of America’s Approach to Zero
- Presenting Sponsor Interview: Building the Right RE Strategy for Net Zero
- Peer-2-Peer Wrap-up: Today’s Net-Zero Challenges in Real Time
- Trends in Transportation Electrification
- Keynote: Achieving Net Zero Across Cisco’s Value Chain
- What NextEra Energy’s “Real Zero” Goal Means to You
- What Do We Do While Waiting for the Grid to Go Green?
- Women in Smart Energy (WISE) Panel Discussion
- Working Together in Pursuit of Decarbonization
- What Comes After Energy Optimization? Demystifying the Steps to Achieving Net Zero
- Process, Performance, and Profit Improvement of ESG Reporting
- Presentation from U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Strategies for ESG Emissions and Reporting
- Green Lease Leaders
- Dollar$ and Cent$ of Collaborative Energy
- Think Wide Open: Purchase College’s Net Zero Journey
- Vehicle Fleet Electrification Research Results: A First Look
- Stanford University's Road to Net Zero
- Evolving Hydrogen Markets: Initial Use Cases and Longer-Term Applications
- How to Manage Difficult Sites
- Industrial Decarbonization: Navigating the Rocky Road to Net Zero
- Success Story: Magna International's Energy Teams
- Collaborating with Utilities to Achieve Sustainability Targets
- Net Zero Building-as-a-Service: JCI's 8-Step Sustainability Journey to Decarbonization
- Inspiring Diversity in Energy
- Closing Keynote: Higher Education as a Catalyst for the Energy Transition with Arizona State University
Record participation by close to 100 energy and sustainability executives representing the following companies are already registered to attend the Net Zero Forum: 2Life Communities; 7-Eleven; Albertsons Companies; Amcor Rigid Packaging; Amy's Kitchen; Arcosa; Arizona State University; Bank of America, Becton, Dickinson and Company; Bloomberg LP; Bristol Myers Squibb; Broward College; Bucknell University; Cargill; Central Community College; Chick-fil-A, Inc.; Cinemark USA; Cisco; Citigroup; City of Cincinnati; City of Phoenix; Clayco; Clemson University; Community Health Systems; Eastman Chemical; Equinix; Equity Lifestyle; FedEx Ground; Footprint US LLC; Goodman Manufacturing Company/Daikin Comfort Technologies; Grupo Bimbo; Harris Teeter; Houston Methodist Hospital; Illinois Tool Works; Intertek; Lockheed Martin; Lockheed Martin Aeronautics; Magna International; Maricopa County; McCormick & Company; McDonald's; Medxcel; Michigan State University; Mohawk Industries; Newmark; Northwestern University; Pace University; Paramount; Parker Hannifin; PC Richard; Philadelphia Energy Authority; Philz Coffee; Purchase College; Rhode Island College; Rite Aid; Salt Lake City School District; SSA Marine; The Azek Company; The Morton Arboretum; The University of Texas at Tyler; Titan; Truper; U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; University of Alabama at Birmingham; University of Maryland; University of Texas Rio Grande Valley; Vallarta Supermarkets; VF Corporation; Walmart, and Weis Markets.
Finally, more than two dozen industry-leading supplier companies will showcase solutions and participate in one-to-one business planning sessions with energy customers. NRG Energy is the presenting sponsor. Platinum sponsors include Atrius, Calpine Energy Solutions, Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions, Edison Energy, NexEra Energy Resources, and Shell Energy. Silver sponsors are AEP Energy, Ameresco, BrightNight Power, Brookfield Renewable, Calibrant Energy, EDF Renewables, Empower Energies, Enel North America, ENGIE Impact, ENGIE Resources, Forefront Power, GreenStruxure NA LLC, Johnson Controls, Metrus Energy, NexEra Energy Services, Redaptive, and TotalEnergies (formerly SunPower). Bronze sponsors are Gas South. Mainspring Energy, and Schneider Electric.
Buyer registration for the Net Zero Forum closes Friday, August 12, and is limited; for more information, click here. Suppliers may apply here for one of the few remaining sponsorship opportunities, which also closes Friday, August 12.
- SED's Net Zero Forum Wrap-Up
- Final Net Zero Forum Agenda Set
- SED Welcomes ENERGY STAR, iMasons, IMT, Ratio Institute, and Second Nature to the Net Zero Forum
- Let’s Measure Sustainability with an Aim to Improve Operational Performance and Profits
- Ratio Institute Partners with Net Zero Forum
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland