Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - August 4, 2022
McCormick Receives SBTi Validation of GHG Targets
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global company in flavor, announced that its emission reduction targets have been officially approved by SBTi (Science Based Targets Initiative) and are consistent with levels required to meet the goals set by the Paris Agreement.
The company achieved its 2025 GHG commitments four years early for Scope 1 and 2, and recently raised the ambition of its goals to reduce Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG gas emissions by 42% by 2030.
"McCormick is delivering against our ambitious Purpose-led Performance agenda using science-based targets to reduce our impact on the planet we all share. As a leader in the flavor industry, we embrace the unique role we play in creating a sustainable future for generations to come," said Lawrence Kurzius, Chairman and CEO of McCormick in a statement.
The targets covering GHG emissions from McCormick's operations are consistent with reductions required to keep global warming to 1.5°C, which is what the latest climate science says is needed to prevent the most damaging effects of climate change. McCormick's target for the emissions from its value chain (scope 3) meets SBTi's criteria and is in line with recommended best practices.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Weekend Reads: Using Skyscrapers For Energy Storage; US Looks to Gulf of Mexico As Next Wind Hub
- Weekend Reads: Biden Considers the Future of Offshore Drilling; Could We Make Solar Even Greener?