Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, GHG Emissions - August 5, 2022
Harrison Street Adds EV Chargers
Harrison Street, an investment management firm focused on alternative real assets, announced a partnership to install EV charging stations at selected properties.
Xeal, a provider of EV charging stations and smarter technology for the multifamily industry, will install more than 300 EV charging stations at select Harrison Street senior housing, student housing, life science, and medical office properties located in California, Massachusetts, Texas, and Virginia.
Harrison Street selected Xeal's all-in-one EV solution as part of its broader strategy to meet resident and tenant demand for amenities, including charging stations and to provide them with the most seamless and reliable charging technology.
"As a first mover in alternative real asset investing, Harrison Street has long sought to develop and execute on environmental and social best practices that make a positive impact for our employees, tenants, and communities," said Jill Brosig, Managing Director and Chief Impact Officer at Harrison Street in a statement. "One of these practices is to significantly reduce carbon emissions. Partnering with Xeal on the initial rollout of more than 300 technologically advanced, highly reliable EV charging stations will allow us to both support and measure avoided emissions from vehicles. As we move toward a net zero carbon economy these types of initiatives help propel our communities into the future."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland