Commercial, Solar - August 11, 2022
Verizon Ohio Solar Project Launches
The 196 MW Big Plain Solar project located near London, Ohio is being launched and will be used to supply Verizon Communications as part of a previously signed long-term PPA.
Leeward Renewable Energy commenced on-site construction of the project, which is expected to reach commercial operation by June 2023. SOLV Energy serves as the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor.
"At Verizon, we are committed to building a greener U.S. energy grid through proven sustainable and socially responsible strategies and programs,'' said James Gowen, Verizon's chief sustainability officer and senior vice president, global supply chain in a statement. "The groundbreaking at the Big Plain solar facility is another step on our way to achieving net zero emissions in our operations by 2035."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal