Commercial, Solar - August 11, 2022
Verizon Ohio Solar Project Launches
The 196 MW Big Plain Solar project located near London, Ohio is being launched and will be used to supply Verizon Communications as part of a previously signed long-term PPA.
Leeward Renewable Energy commenced on-site construction of the project, which is expected to reach commercial operation by June 2023. SOLV Energy serves as the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor.
"At Verizon, we are committed to building a greener U.S. energy grid through proven sustainable and socially responsible strategies and programs,'' said James Gowen, Verizon's chief sustainability officer and senior vice president, global supply chain in a statement. "The groundbreaking at the Big Plain solar facility is another step on our way to achieving net zero emissions in our operations by 2035."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland