Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - October 20, 2022
Kraft Heinz Updates Emission Progress
Kraft Heinz achieved a waste-to-landfill intensity reduction of nearly 15% in 2021 on the way to reaching its goal of 20% across its manufacturing facilities by 2025.
In 2021, Kraft Heinz committed to achieving net-zero GHG emissions across its operational footprint (Scope 1 and 2) and global supply chain (Scope 3) by 2050, with a near-term goal of halving emissions by 2030.
Kraft Heinz continues to drive progress toward its goal of using 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging by 2025. Through 2021, approximately 84% of the Company's global packaging portfolio met this goal.
Details were provided in its 2022 Environmental Social Governance ("ESG") Report, titled "Together at the Table."
"The food industry has seen countless challenges in the last two years," said Miguel Patricio, Kraft Heinz CEO and Chair of the Board of Directors in a statement. "It is during these challenging moments when true innovation happens, and collaborations are most important. Working with our many partners, we are developing solutions to foster a more inclusive workforce, address climate challenges, and combat food insecurity. Now more than ever, it is critical that businesses like ours take a leadership role in addressing the environmental and social issues that affect all of us around the world."
Read These Related Articles:
- Kraft Heinz Commits to Carbon Neutrality by 2050
- Kraft Heinz Publishes Update on 15% Energy Use Reduction Target
- Kraft Heinz pursues 15% drop in energy use
- Kraft Heinz sets GHG goal in 1st sustainability report
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal