Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Finance - January 20, 2023
Holcim Receives EU Funds for Decarbonization Projects
Two Holcim decarbonization projects received funding of EUR 328 million from the European Union (EU) Innovation Fund.
The grants will accelerate the development of the sustainable construction firm's carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) projects in Germany and Poland. These projects are part of Holcim’s net-zero roadmap, including over 50 CCUS projects worldwide, to decarbonize its business. The roadmap includes 2030 and 2050 targets validated by the Science Based Target Initiative.
The projects contribute to the EU’s Green Deal, putting clean technologies to work for a climate-neutral economy by 2050.
“As a global leader in building solutions, Holcim is on a mission to decarbonize the building industry,” said Miljan Gutovic, Region Head Europe in a statement. “We are encouraged by these EU Clean Tech investments in our next generation technologies. They contribute to making our CCUS projects more viable and scalable, which can fundamentally change our industry for a net-zero future.”
The European Union Innovation Fund is one of the world's largest funding programs for innovative low-carbon technologies and in 2022 granted more than EUR 1.8 billion to 17 large-scale clean-tech projects out of a pool of 138 submissions.
Read These Related Articles:
- Amazon Web Services Uses Low Carbon Concrete
- Canadian Habitat for Humanity Project to Use Low-Carbon Concrete
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs
- Destination: Net Zero – Moving the needle towards carbon neutral
- Sustainable Energy in America Factbook 2023 - Executive Summary
- The 2022 State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- GHG Emissions Reduction Audit: A Checklist for Owners
- Case Study: IBM and Lendlease Leverage Green Leasing as Tenants to Achieve Net-Zero